Texas Health Resources RN - Emergency Room/ER/ED - Nights in Arlington, Texas
Why Texas Health Resources?
Our facilities are located across the greater Dallas – Ft. Worth area with a centrally located corporate office in Arlington, TX. We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US that has the resources to offer a variety of career growth and professional development opportunities with equally remarkable benefits. Join our award-winning Texas Health family and contribute to our mission “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”.
A few recent accomplishments we achieved include:
• 2015 and 2016 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• Ranked #1 on the Fortune’s 2015 and 2016 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care” and #2 on the nation's 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity for 2015 by Great Place to Work®
• 2015 Great Place to Work® and Fortune list of “50 Best Workplaces for Camaraderie”
• 2016 Becker's Healthcare’s "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare"
• Named by Hospital & Health Networks magazine as one of the nation’s 2016 “Most Wired” health care systems for the 16th time in 18 years
• Ranked #1 on 2016 “100 Best Workplaces for Women list” by Great Place to Work®
• Platinum-level recognition in the 2016 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles® awards, sponsored by the National Business Group on Health (eighth year to appear on the list but is our first time to receive the Platinum award)
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
Graduate of a NLN (National League of Nursing) or CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) accredited nursing programs.
Effective Dec 2015 RNs hired or transferring in THR completion of BSN within 2 years.
Current RN License to practice in the state of Texas
Current BCLS/CPR for Healthcare Providers or obtain within first 3 weeks of employment
ACLS or obtain within 1st 3 months of employment
RN experience in the acute care hospital setting.
ED RN experience preferred.
Patient’s assessment and time management skills
Must be a team player, have good communication skills and able to work in fast paced environment
Basic Computer skills
Hours/Schedule: Full-time; 3-12 hr/shifts; 7:00 pm - 7:00 am, weekends and holidays required
Practices within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act. Serves as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care.
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
• assesses the patient
• plans the care of the patient
• intervenes as appropriate
• evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
• Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
• Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
• Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers
Maintains professional accountability
Maintains and enhances nursing skills
Serves as patient advocate
Communicates per department expectations
Provides for patient privacy and dignity
Adapts to changes in workload assignment functioning as Resource/Charge Nurse as needed.
Texas Health provides an environment for optimal success and we pride ourselves on providing eligible employees with a variety of great benefits which include:
• Matching 401 (K) plan, Flex Spending Accounts and a Credit Union
• Tuition reimbursement
• Wellness and Career Development Programs and Adoption Assistance
• Competitive compensation packages / Relocation Coach
• Medical, dental and vision insurance for eligible employees
• Life, AD&D and Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Coverage
• On-site Child Care and Fitness Centers (at select locations)
• Company Volunteer days
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
“RN", “Registered Nurse", “M/S, “Medical Surgical", “Med/Surge", “med/surg”, “Medical and Surgical", “Nursing”, “Registered Nurse", “RN”, “MS RN", “Medical Surgical Nurse", “Medical Unit", “Post Surgical" “Sigma Theta Tau", “ “BSN", “Associate Nurse" “Diploma Nurse" “BSN" “Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing" “**Nur" , “nurse clinician", “clinical nurse", “Medical Surgical Tele", “TX, North Texas", “TX”, “North Texas", "Arlington", "Telemetry", “tele”, “PCU", "Progressive Care", "PCCN", "Travel Nurse", “Agency Nurse", "Sigma Theta Tau", "Sub acute", “ED”, “Emergency”, "ER"
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital, a 369-bed acute-care, full-service medical center has been serving Arlington and the surrounding communities since 1958. Hospital services include comprehensive cardiac care, women’s services, neurosciences, cancer services, orthopedics, emergency services and an advanced imaging center. Texas Health Arlington Memorial has over 1,600 employees, 250 volunteers and 630 physicians on its medical staff. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence. For more information, visit TexasHealth.org/Arlington.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.