Texas Health Resources Cert. Medical Assistant Lead-Family Care in Arlington/Midcities, Texas
Texas Health Physicians Group seeks to hire a Certified Medical Assistant Lead to work Full Time at Texas Health Family Care in Grand Prairie, TX.
Monday - Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm
Reporting to the Practice Manager and taking direction from the Healthcare Provider, the Medical Assistant Lead takes a leadership role in the department, acting as a trainer, resource and mentor for other Medical Assistants and staff. Performs a wide variety of medical assisting activities during patient visits in an outpatient clinical setting. Accurately preforms preliminary physical tests such as measuring blood pressure, recording weight, temperature, pulse, respiration, and other measures as directed by established clinical protocols. Works in specialty or mid-to-large, high volume clinics and may support more than one Provider. Involves extensive interaction with diverse populations including patients, family members and all members of the healthcare team as well as leadership.
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
4 years of Medical Assisting experience is required
*CMA is required
*ACLS or BLS is preferred
*Non-Certified Radiologic Technician training may be required
*Medication Aide certification may be required
• Ability to accurately perform EKGs, draw blood and administer injections as needed by assigned clinic.
• Ability to effectively communicate to staff and patients.
• Demonstrate knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
• Thorough knowledge of the meaning and use of medical terminology and abbreviations.
• Demonstrate sound judgment and composure with the ability to take appropriate action in questionable or emergency situations.
• Demonstrated attitude of respect and compassion towards patients, family members and all members of the healthcare team.
• Good computer skills using a medical management application.
• Directs and guides back office staff in monitoring and expediting workflow.
• Handles medical supply inventory, orders, and cost control.
• Performs general patient care by following established standards and procedures.
• Greets and prepares patients for the health care provider.
• Obtains and records vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, drug allergies, current medications and presenting problem.
• Administers ordered medications via oral, topical, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant administration.
• Administers vaccines via oral, topical, injection and/or nasal administration.
• May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
• Schedules patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion of testing.
• Prepares, cleans and sterilizes instruments and maintains equipment, disposing of contaminated items according to protocol. Keeps patient exam rooms clean and orderly.
• Communicates with patients regarding test results and plan of care by phone or mail as directed by physician.
• Formulates and documents patient care plans, charts, tests and examination results in the medical record.
• Escalates non-routine issues to the Practice Manager or physician.
• Works with the Healthcare Provider to facilitate training of new hires and other training initiatives.
• Perform other duties as assigned by practice manager, more senior staff, or as requested by healthcare provider(s).
Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG) includes more than 800 physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants dedicated to providing quality, patient-safe care at more than 240 offices located throughout the DFW Metroplex. THPG members are active in group governance and serve on multiple committees and councils. Ongoing Texas Health initiatives, like the Diversity Action Council and Living the Promise, have helped to create an inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making THPG a great place to work
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.