Texas Health Resources Cytotechnologist in Dallas, Texas
Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG) is seeking a Cytotechnologist. The position will be located at the North Point Laboratory (Greenville and LBJ).
• Full Time; First Shift
• 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Required Minimum Education:
• Bachelor’s Degree
Required Minimum Experience:
• Experience with ThinPrep Imager
• CT(ASCP) – Cytotechnologist
• ThinPrep Pap Test Certification within 90 days of hire
• Knowledge of appropriate lab and regulatory guidelines including, but not limited to: CLIA, CAP, CLSI (NCCLS), Texas Department of Health, EPA regulations regarding regulated waste disposal.
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work in data entry, processing, testing and reporting
• Has a good working knowledge of the computer system for result entry and data entry
Job Responsibilities (Including but not limited to):
• Screens both gynecological and non-gynecological specimens within the established workload limits
• Participates in quality control of the gynecological specimens with the appropriate level of experience
• Documents the number of cases screened and hours spent screening daily
• Participates in CAP continuing education slide reviews and complete the required number of continuing education hours with acceptable performance
• Maintains microscopes
• Communicates on the phone with clinics and resolves problems in a professional manner
• Generates Monthly QA reports as instructed by Pathology Manager
• Performs other duties a required
Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG) includes more than 800 physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants dedicated to providing quality, patient-safe care at more than 240 offices located throughout the DFW Metroplex. THPG members are active in group governance and serve on multiple committees and councils. Ongoing Texas Health initiatives, like the Diversity Action Council and Living the Promise, have helped to create an inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making THPG a great place to work
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.