Texas Health Resources Patient Navigator-Dallas in Dallas, Texas
The Patient Navigator role with the Texas Health Organization for Physicians (THOP) is a critical role in ensuring that individuals in our community are provided with every opportunity to have all the necessary care required for themselves and their family. These individuals make a difference by guiding patients through the complex medical system and directly impact the lives of those in our community.
In addition to improving the lives of the individuals in the communities we serve, the right person will also receive
• Growth opportunity within the department and with the largest physician network in North Texas
• Opportunities in several locations across the Dallas / Fort Worth area, including some that provide the option to work closer to home
• Competitive wages
• Schedule is Monday-Friday with no overnights or weekends required. Hours are typically an eight hour shift starting as early as 8am and ending as late as 5:30pm.
• Training is 7:30am-4pm for four weeks in Dallas.
• Incredible benefits for you and any dependents
Medical knowledge and training is definitely a plus for this role, but isn’t required. If you have experience in any of the below areas, then your skills could be transferable to this position:
• Clinical Support – Medical Assistant (MA or PCT), Case Manager, Patient Advocate, and other medical training
• Physician Office – Receptionist, Billing, Scheduling, Referral Coordinator, Referral Specialist, Insurance, Medical Office Assistant, and other clinic related roles
• Hospital Support – Insurance, Scheduling, Patient Access, Registrar, Medical Records, Unit Assistant, Financial Counselor, Compliance
• Customer Service – Call Center Agent, Customer Service Rep, Hospitality, or other productivity based role with a strong customer focus
Dallas - North Point Corporate Office located on LBJ Freeway
• High School Graduate or G.E.D.
• Medical office experience with referral processing preferred
• Receive referrals from providers, patient care coordinators and discharge planners
• Assist the team in educating the patient and family and assist patients with external resources
• Schedule / reschedule / communicate appointments with patients or patients families on a timely basis
• Utilize telephone communication and customer service skills, as the vast majority of patient and provider interaction takes place over the phone.
Skills that help people be successful with the above responsibilities include:
• Customer Service, caring and having a desire to serve others
• Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, set priorities and get desired results
• Accurate, efficient and dependable
• Active learner, strong verbal and written communications with all levels of people and work well in diverse teams
• Computer Skills: Excel, Word, Outlook, knowledge of Electronic Medical Records, and Salesforce software is a plus, but not required
• Knowledge of HIPPA is preferred, but not required
• If you are bilingual, that is a plus!
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.