Texas Health Resources Certified Medical Assistant in Denton, Texas
Orthopedic Surgery Specialists
H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
1 Year Medical Assistant Experience Preferred
Licenses and Certifications:
CMA - Certified Medical Assistant required.
ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support Or
BLS - Basic Life Support and NCT- Non-Certified Radiologic Technician preferred.
Under the direction of the health care provider, is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and well being of all patients. Accurately preforms preliminary physical tests such as: measuring blood pressure, recording weight, temperature, pulse and respiration and other measures as directed by established clinical protocols. Also is responsible for performing a variety of general administrative support duties associated with the patient intake process and performs routine duties within the clinic.
• Performs general patient care by following established standards and procedures.
• Greets and prepares patients for the health care provider.
• Obtains and records vital signs including, but not limited to: blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration,height, weight, drug allergies, and current medications and presenting problem.
• Administers ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topical, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant administration.
• May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis as well as perform routine tests such as EKG’s.
• Schedules patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion of testing.
• Documents patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the medical record as directed by the provider.
• Prepares, cleans and sterilizes instruments and maintains equipment, disposing of contaminated items according to protocol. Keeps patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly.
• Escalates non-routine issues, questions and/or concerns to the practice manager or healthcare provider(s).
• Ensures safety checklists/quality controls are completed as required.
• Provides for patient safety and protection of patient privacy rights.
• Perform other duties as assigned by practice manager, more senior staff, or as requested by healthcare provider(s).
Performs other duties as assigned.
"CMA", "Denton", "Texas", "THPG", "RCMA", "CCMA", "NHA", "Certified", "FT", "Medical Assistant", "Full-Time", "Medical"
Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG) includes more than 800 physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants dedicated to providing quality, patient-safe care at more than 240 offices located throughout the DFW Metroplex. THPG members are active in group governance and serve on multiple committees and councils. Ongoing Texas Health initiatives, like the Diversity Action Council and Living the Promise, have helped to create an inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making THPG a great place to work
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.