Texas Health Resources Case Manager Registered Nurse PRN in Allen, Texas
Texas Health Allen has an opportunity to fill a PRN Rotating shift Case Manager Registered Nurse position.
The address is:
Texas Health Allen
1105 Central Express Way North, Allen, TX 75013
Salary Range: Min. $35.48/hr to Max.$49.18/hr - Based on relevant experience
As Needed; various weekday hours and 1 weekend per month.
• Responsible for ensuring patients are timely and effectively transitioned to appropriate levels of care.
• Actively participates in Daily Patient Care Briefings and identifies patients appropriate for transition needs intervention.
• Reviews Texas Health Readmission Indicator List (THRIL) scores daily for all assigned patients.
• Collaborates with interdisciplinary team to identify high risk patients whose RRP score may not have indicated appropriately.
• Ensures all assigned patients have an identified Primary Care Physician (PCP). If PCP not identified, exhaust all efforts in an attempt to assign.
• Completes Transition Evaluation on all identified patients within 24 hours of referral documents appropriately.
• Interviews/Assesses patients / caregivers as part of transition evaluation and as needed.
• Identifies transition needs (including medications), develops transition plan within 24 hours of referral, and discusses funding of post transition care with patients / caregivers documents appropriately.
• Validates transition plan with Interdisciplinary Team (Physician, Clinical Nurse Leader, Nursing, etc.)
• Updates Estimated Transition Date (ETD) as needed.
• Educates interdisciplinary team and patients / caregivers regarding available post acute care services and needs.
• Communicates transition plan and post acute management plan with patients / caregivers and post acute care stakeholders.
• Executes and updates transition plan and post acute management plan as needed.
• Facilitates care conferences for complex transitions and/or placement.
• Identifies community resources / service needs facilitates appropriate referrals as needed (acute and non acute).
• Actively communicates with all appropriate post acute care providers throughout patient stay.
• Communicates final transition plan 24-48 hours prior to transition. Serves as a point of contact for all identified stakeholders.
• Assigns patients to appropriate transition program(s) (i.e. NTSP, THPG or based on payor preferences) and provides support as needed.
• Ensures patients are placed appropriately following discharge and that necessary follow up takes place with patients as well as payors.
• Serves as a content expert regarding payor information. Educates interdisciplinary team and patients / caregivers regarding payor requirements and / or barriers.
• Monitors follow up activities for all appropriate patients post hospitalization and supports patient transition plan adherence.
• Pro actively identifies patients who no longer meet current level of care / continued stay medical necessity criteria and communicates and documents appropriately.
• Complies with all documentation requirements. Documents all activities in electronic health record. Ensures scheduling of follow-up.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree Nursing Required
• Bachelor's Degree Nursing Individuals hired as CTRN prior to May 11, 2017 will be grandfathered to the CTRN position with an RN, at the entity they were employed at on May 11, 2017. Req
• 3 Years Staff Nurse at an acute care hospital Req
• 2 Years Acute care hospital discharge Pref
• RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire Req And
• CPR - Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Upon Hire Req And
• ACM - Accredited Case Manager Upon Hire Pref Or
• CCM - Certified Case Manager Upon Hire Pref
• Case Management experience is preferred*
• Competency in medical necessity criteria preferred.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Office (Word, Excel). Customer service skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, strong commitment to interdisciplinary collaboration and communication, strong skills in the preparation of clinically pertinent medical record documentation.
• Critical thinking and analysis skills and conflict resolution skills.
• Position requires flexible scheduling, including weekend and evening shift work as necessary.
• Psychosocial and crisis intervention skills.
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Preferred experience with electronic health record and automated case management systems.
• Individual must be self-directed and goal/outcomes/measurement driven.
Why Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen is a 73-bed, acute-care hospital serving the northern Collin County area since 2000. Hospital services include women’s care, a Level II neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics, pediatrics, wound care and sleep medicine. Texas Health Allen, a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, has more than 500 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 25 specialties. Texas Health Allen is a World Health Organization-designated "Baby-Friendly Hospital" and was the first hospital in Texas to receive the distinction. The hospital is a Level IV trauma center and an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, which makes our facility intensely qualified to serve our community and your professional aspirations.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.