Texas Health Resources Certified Anesthesia Tech - 40 Hours - Day Shift - Anesthesiology - Allen in Allen, Texas
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen seeks to hire a Certified Anesthesia Tech for full-time employment in the Anesthesiology Department.
The address is 1105 Central Expressway North, Allen, Texas 75013.
Salary: Min $17.74 – Max $28.03, based on relevant work experience.
Day Shift; 40 Hours
Monday-Friday 6:45 am – 3:15 pm
With 5 surgical suites, 1 cysto suite, and 1 endoscopy suite, Texas Health Allen is equipped to handle a wide range of inpatient and outpatient surgical services. The essential job duties of this position are:
• Provides support to anesthesia providers during routine and urgent surgical cases and procedures to ensure quality patient care.
• Provides support to anesthesia staff with preparation of room and equipment needed for patient care.
• Protects patient and personal safety by following department processes, maintaining a sterile environment and understanding equipment function.
• Maintains supply, equipment and pharmacy inventory to optimize delivery of anesthesia services. Maintains cleanliness and proper function of anesthesia equipment and workroom.
• Daily computer support. Troubleshoots equipment. Able to support Anesthesiologist in Optime.
• Assists in meeting departmental/hospital KPIs related to patient outcomes, customer satisfaction, financial performances, organizational effectiveness and community health care (Reach Out Programs)
• Communicates with supervisor on daily activity of schedule and unit needs. Works with multidisciplinary team and other departments to coordinate patient care. Utilizes communication tools such as HEART (hear, emphasized, apologized, thank you), SBAR and Team STEPPS.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
• 1 Year previous CAT experience preferred
• CAT - Certified Anesthesia Tech required Aide Upon Hire
• BCLS required upon hire
Organized; Good Communication Skills; Ability to work under pressure and multi-task; work independently, basic computer knowledge
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen is a 73-bed, acute-care hospital serving the northern Collin County area since 2000. Hospital services include women’s care, a Level II neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics, pediatrics, wound care and sleep medicine. Texas Health Allen, a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, has more than 500 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 25 specialties. Texas Health Allen is a World Health Organization-designated "Baby-Friendly Hospital" and was the first hospital in Texas to receive the distinction. The hospital is a Level IV trauma center and an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, which makes our facility intensely qualified to serve our community and your professional aspirations.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Gold level LearningElite award – national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.