Texas Health Resources LVN/Licensed Vocational Nurse in Allen, Texas
Texas Health Resources is seeking to hire a Licensed Vocational Nurse to work full time at Texas Health Family Care Fairview.
The address is 1650 East Stacy Road, Suite 160 Allen, Texas 75002
Salary range is $18.65/hour – Max $28.19/hour – based on relevant experience.
• Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Physician, this position functions as a vital member of the healthcare team who contributes to the success of the practice by demonstrating customer/patient focus, effective communication, professionalism, and teamwork. Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate comprehensive care provided to selected patient populations and their families. The essential job functions for this position are:
• Performs basic nursing care for patients by following established standards and procedures.
• May perform specific nursing care as it relates to specialty of the practice.
• Collects patient data such as vital signs, notes how the patient looks and acts or responds to stimuli and reports this
• Prepares and administers injections, performs routine tests, treats wounds and changes bandages.
• Prepares patient records and files using established medical record forms/automated systems and documentation practices.
• Administers certain prescribed medications and monitors and documents treatment progress and patient response.
• Participates in the implementation and evaluation of patient care based on practice guidelines, standards of care, and
federal/state laws and regulations.
• Monitors and documents treatment progress and patient response.
• Conveys information to patients and families about health status, health maintenance, and management of acute and chronic conditions.
• Participates in teams to improve patient care processes and outcomes.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Graduated from an Accredited school of practical nursing program is required
• 1 year of LVN experience is strongly preferred.
• LVN is required
• ACLS or BCLS is required
• Additional specialty certification if applicable is required
• Knowledge of basic nursing processes and understanding of healthcare technology, equipment, and supplies.
• Familiarity with state law on nursing care, nurse practice guidelines, and clinic policies and procedures.
• Ability to effectively communicate to staff and patients.
• Demonstrate sound judgment and composure with the ability to take appropriate action in questionable or emergency situations.
• Maintains a positive, caring attitude towards patients.
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
• Must have time management skills
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG) includes more than 800 physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants dedicated to providing quality, patient-safe care at more than 240 offices located throughout the DFW Metroplex. THPG members are active in group governance and serve on multiple committees and councils. Ongoing Texas Health initiatives, like the Diversity Action Council and Living the Promise, have helped to create an inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making THPG a great place to work.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5 th year in a row)
• 2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• Largest Blue Zones® Project Approved™ Worksite in the nation (2016)
• 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
• A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work® (2018 and 2019)
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.