Texas Health Resources Risk Manager - Full Time, 40 Hours in Allen, Texas
Risk Manager, Full Time
Great Benefits and a Great Opportunity!
Are you looking for a rewarding career? We’re looking for qualified RISK MANAGER to join our Texas Health family.
Work location: Texas Health Allen
Work environment: Risk Management
Work hours: Full Time, 40 Hours; Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:30pm
Salary range: $40.37 - $59.83 per hour (based on relevant experience)
At Texas Health Allen we take seriously our mission to improve the health of those in our community. We are a 73-bed, acute-care, full-service hospital serving the northern Collin County community since 2000. We provide exceptional care to Allen, Lucas, Fairview, Frisco, Plano, McKinney, Wylie and other surrounding cities.
If you’re looking for neonatal intensive care, orthopedics, women’s care and pediatrics, we’ve got it. Plus we’re a Level IV trauma center and an Accredited Chest Pain Center. Our 500+ physicians practice in more than 25 specialties.
And talk about award winning. Texas Health Allen is a Joint Commission-accredited Gold Seal Certified Chest Pain facility, a Baby Friendly Facility a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence and a Pathways to Excellence-designated hospital.
As part of the Texas Health family, we employ over 24,000 employees and are among the areas top five largest employers. Come be a part of our exceptional team as we continue to provide outstanding care and deliver award winning results. You belong here.
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related healthcare field required
• 3 Years clinical experience required
• 3 Years risk management, quality management, legal or patient safety preferred
• Other appropriate clinical licensure for discipline upon hire required AND
• CPHR – Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management upon hire preferred
Position Responsibilities Texas Health Allen’s Risk Manager will utilize the reliability learning tool (including actual events, near misses, and general safety concerns) and recognize and address patient safety/risk exposures affecting the quality of care and outcomes.
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful Risk Manager will:
• Make medical staff quality review referrals as appropriate.
• Utilize statistical and other methods to aggregate, analyze and prepare data reports for presentation.
• Facilitate the Risk Management Program including identification, analysis, planning and implementation focusing on events which resulted or could have resulted in adverse risk or a compromise to patient or environmental safety.
• Actively engage in the Patient Safety Program developing effective medical error reduction strategies and tools.
• Work in collaboration with hospital departments and committees to implement identified needs for improvement.
• Serve as risk management representative for committees within the Continuous Quality/Patient Safety and Risk Management programs.
• Participate in THR claims management process by investigating and identifying events that may lead to potentially compensable events, claims, or lawsuits.
• Provide THR Litigation with information necessary to make claims determination and assess liability.
• Coordinate and facilitate activities of the Risk Management Committee.
• Be responsible for identification and analysis of possible cases, summary preparation and presentation at committee.
• Serve as liaison between medical staff leaders and risk management department
Why Texas Health As a Texas Health Risk Manager will be able to enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make Texas Health Allen a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
“America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Allen Risk Manager:
Gain a sense of accomplishment by contributing in a teamwork environment
Positively impact patients’ quality of life
Receive excellent mentorship, comprehensive training and dedicated clinical leadership resources
Enjoy opportunities for growth
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.