Texas Health Resources RN/Registered Nurse, Labor & Delivery/LDRP, Full time, 7PM-7AM in Allen, Texas
Texas Health Allen seeks to hire an experienced RN/Registered Nurse to work Full Time in the LDRP setting – Labor & Delivery and Maternal/Newborn.
The address is 1105 N. Central Expressway, Allen, TX 75013.
Salary range is Minimum $25.00/hr to Maximum $50.40/hr – based on relevant RN experience
• Full-time: 36 hours/week, (3) 12-hour shifts/week, 6:30PM-7:00AM, rotating weekends and holidays, variable schedule. Self-scheduling. Flexibility with schedule.
• The Family Birthplace at Texas Health Allen, a mother friendly and Texas 10-step facility, has a position for an acute-care RN from the admission to the discharge process in Labor/Delivery/Recovery/Postpartum (LDRP).
• Physical set-up is an 8-bed LDRP
• 5-bed Antepartum/recovery area
• 2 OR suites
• Surgical Techs/CST's on staff
• 6-bed Level III Neonatal ICU (28-week’s gestation on up)
• STABLE certification and completion of a Fetal Monitoring Course within 6 months of hire (if not current)
• Ability to triage, labor, deliver, circulate C-sections, and recover patients, as well as provide couplet care for both mother and baby
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Associate’s degree in Nursing (A.D.N.) is required
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) is preferred – RN’s hired after January 2017 require BSN within 2 years of start date. RN's hired between January 2014 and December 2016 require completion of BSN within 3 years of start date.
• One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse (RN) or completion of an RN Residency program required. (Recent Labor & Delivery and Maternal/Newborn RN experience strongly preferred)
• RN – Registered Nurse licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire required
• BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support through the American Heart Association upon hire
• ACLS – Advanced Cardiac Life Support upon hire preferred
• NRP – Neonatal Resuscitation Program within 6 months required
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
• Basic computer skills - computerized charting - use EPIC/Care Connect
• Critical thinking skills.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen is a 73-bed, acute-care hospital serving the northern Collin County area since 2000. Hospital services include women’s care, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics, pediatrics, wound care and sleep medicine. Texas Health Allen, a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, has more than 500 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 25 specialties.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.