Texas Health Resources Barista- Full Time- Arlington in Arlington, Texas
Texas Health Arlington
*40 hours, M-F 6:00am-2:30pm*
Are you looking for a fulfilling career with an award-winning healthcare system and top-notch benefits? We’re looking for a qualified Barista like you to join our Texas Health family.
Work location: Texas Health Arlington 800 W. Randol Mill Road TX 76012
Work hours: Full Time (40 hours) Monday-Friday 6:00am-2:30pm
Salary range: $15.00 - $18.72 per hour (based on relevant experience)
At Texas Health Denton we take seriously our mission to improve the health of those in our community. We are a 255-bed, full-service hospital serving our community since 1987. Our central location provides convenient care to people in the DFW Metroplex and all across North Texas and Oklahoma. With more than 1,000 employees and 450+ physicians on our medical staff we are one of Denton County’s largest employers.
H.S. Diploma or Equivalent Preferred
6 Months as a cashier in a high-volume setting Required
FHC - Food Handlers Certificate 30 Days Required
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful Barista/Food Service Worker hybrid will:
• Prepares beverages per established guidelines and has thorough product knowledge.
• Washes and sanitizes dishes, pots and pans as well as all cooking utensils an cooking equipment, according to department standards and procedures.
• Follows inventory stocking and recording guidelines.
• Takes responsibility to learn all aspects of the barista position.
• Assist in set-up and maintaining service areas and in a clean, neat, and orderly manner.
• Stock designated areas as needed.
• Secure area at the beginning and end of shift.
• Demonstrates cash handling skills to include correct charging for every item purchased; ensuring all items are included in charge; ability to handle and count money accurately in a high volume, rapid paced environment; and verify precise cash drawer amounts before and after meal periods.
• Assembles, delivers, and retrieves patient trays
• Documents food delivery times and food tallies; performs other simple record keeping, i.e. temperature checks on equipment and food.
• Computer skills required for operation of register and the production of register reports.
• Demonstrates customer skills, performs customer recovery, and resolves customer complaints/concerns/questions at point of service.
• Follow established standards for food safety and sanitation.
• Maintains food safety requirements according to HACCP and department standards in the performance of all duties.
• Records refrigerate temperatures in areas of responsibility and takes appropriate action if there are inadequate temperatures.
• Maintains clean and orderly work area, ensuring compliance with health department and facility requirements.
• Follows proper hand hygiene.
• Disposes of trash and garbage according to standards and procedures.
• Performs other job duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
Why Texas Health
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make THR a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
“America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.