Texas Health Resources Behavioral Health Registered Nurse, PRN Award Winning Company! in Arlington, Texas
Behavioral Health Registered Nurse,PRN Nights– Great Benefits! Award Winning Company!
Are you looking for a rewarding career with an award-winning company? We’re looking for a qualified Registered Nurse, Behavioral Health to join our Texas Health family.
Work location: Texas Health Arlington
Work environment: Behavioral Health
Work hours: PRN (AS NEEDED) Nights
Salary range: $27.50-$52.88 per hour (based on relevant experience)
At Texas Health Arlington Memorial we take seriously our mission to improve the health of those in our community. We are a 369-bed, acute-care, full-service hospital serving our community since 1958. Our location in central Arlington provides convenient care to people in the DFW Metroplex and surrounding areas. If you’re looking for comprehensive cardiac care, women’s services, neurosciences and emergency medicine, we’ve got it. Plus we’re a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, an accredited Acute Heart Failure Center and provide wellness services, outpatient surgery and women’s imaging services. And talk about award winning. Texas Health Arlington Memorial is a Joint Commission-certified Primary Stroke Center, a Cycle III Chest Pain Center and a designated Magnet hospital. We are a top-notch choice in North Texas for cancer and emergency services, cardiac care and much more. As part of the Texas Health family, we employ over 24,000 employees and are among the areas top five largest employers. Come be a part of our exceptional team as we continue to provide outstanding care and deliver award winning results. You belong here.
• Associate's Degree Nursing Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required without a previously approved exemption. Please contact your Human Resources department for additional information or questions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Preferred
• 1 Year Experience as a Clinical Nurse or completion of an RN residency Required
• 1 Years of Behavioral Health Experience Highly Preferred
• RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire Required And
• BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required
• CPI – Crisis Prevention Intervention Training Upon Hire Required
• ACPI – Advanced Crisis Prevention Intervention maintained annually every 6 months Required OR
• CPI – Crisis Prevention Intervention Training within 30 Days Required AND
• ACPI – Advanced Crisis Prevention Intervention maintained annually every 12 months required
Position Responsibilities A Behavioral Health, Registered Nurse with Texas Health will respond to others’ priorities regarding safety, physical, psychological and social needs.
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful Registered Nurse will
• Complete regular assessments and maintenance of comfort
• Have knowledge of basic physiology and pathophysiology
• Have knowledge of human emotions during health and illness
• Have knowledge of human development across the life span
• Have knowledge of pain and suffering, pain interventions and pain comfort/theories.
• Provide safe patient care as evidenced by:
• Use barcode medication verification (BMV) during medication administrations
• Complete accurate documentation in the electronic health record
• Complete assessments accurately and in a timely manner
• Individualize care plans specific to the needs of the patient
• Provide consistent attention to airway, intake, elimination, sleep, rest, mobility and hygiene needs
• Demonstrate knowledge of patient rights and incorporating into daily practice
Why Texas Health As a Texas Health Registered Nurse you’ll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more. At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make Texas Health a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
“America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Arlington Registered Nurse:
Gain a sense of accomplishment by contributing in a teamwork environment
Positively impact patients’ quality of life
Receive excellent mentorship, comprehensive training and dedicated clinical leadership resources
Enjoy opportunities for growth
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.