Texas Health Resources Behavioral Health RN, Central Staffing Office - Full Time, 36 Hours, 7:00am - 7:00pm in Arlington, Texas
Texas Health Central Staffing Office seeks to hire a Registered Nurse to join the Behavioral Health Team.
The address is 612 E. Lamar, Arlington, Texas, 76011.
Salary is a set-rate of $41.00 per hour.
Must have flexibility to float throughout the Metroplex to a minimum of 3 or more Texas Health Resources Hospitals.
• Full-Time, 36 hours a week, 7:00am – 7:00pm, Rotating Days
As a Behavioral Health Registered Nurse with Texas Health Central Staffing Office, this position is responsible for providing as-needed, quality patient care to our customers throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
The essential duties of this position are:
• Responds to others' priorities regarding safety, physical, psychological and social needs.
• Regular assessment and maintenance of comfort
• Using barcode medication verification (BMV) during medication administrations
• Completing accurate documentation in the electronic health record
• Completing assessments accurately and in a timely manner
• Individualizing care plans specific to the needs of the patient
• Demonstrating knowledge of patient rights and incorporating into daily practice
• Providing information, using up to date literature, approved tools including EMMI and demonstrates knowledge of patient's unique learning approach.
• Using frequent checks/surveillance including national patient safety goals (NPSG)
• Completing accurate, timely and comprehensive hand offs
• Maintaining privacy and confidentiality
• Communicates and collaborates with all members of the health care team:
• Identifies patient needs and coordinates care and resources to facilitate patient throughput/flow.
• Demonstrates flexibility and helps co-workers when needed
• Follows attendance commitments by being timely and reliable
• Leads by example by giving priority to doing the right thing for patient care
• Uses multiple available tools to stay informed of changes, updates and communications.
• Reads and responds to email as requested
• Reviews meeting minutes when unable to attend in person
• Meets staff meeting attendance participation rates as per department standard
• Demonstrates the ability to respectfully listen to others' opinions.
• Collaborates with physicians and interdisciplinary team members to promote safe individualized care.
• Incorporates ethical principles from the ANA Code of Ethics
• Adheres to the Nursing Practice Act
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Associate's Degree Nursing Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required without a previously approved exemption required
• Bachelor's Degree Nursing Preferred
• CLIAFE Must comply with CLIAFE regulations regarding foreign education equivalency Required
• 3 Years Experience with one year in the last three years as a clinical nurse in Behavioral Health Required
• Experience with Intakes in an Inpatient Unit Preferred
• Must be able to travel to a minimum of three (3) Texas Health entities
• RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire Required
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required
• CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training Upon Hire Required And
• ACPI - Advanced Crisis Prevention Intervention Training maintained annually every 6 Months Required Or
• CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training within 30 Days Required And
• ACPI - Advanced Crisis Prevention Intervention Training maintained annually every 12 Months Required
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Gold level LearningElite award – national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.