Texas Health Resources Certified Sterile Processing Technician in Arlington, Texas
Are you looking for a rewarding career with family-friendly hours and top-notch benefits? We’re looking for qualified Certified Sterile Processing Technicians like you to join our Texas Health family.
• Work location: 800 West Randol Mill Road, Arlington, TX 76012
• Work environment: Central Sterile Processing
• Work hours: Day shift, full-time, 40 hours weekly, Monday-Friday, 0830-1700, call required
• Salary range: $16.49 - $26.28 per hour (based on relevant experience)
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital, a 369-bed acute-care, full-service medical center has been serving Arlington and the surrounding communities since 1958. Hospital services include comprehensive cardiac care, women’s services, neurosciences, cancer services, orthopedics, emergency services and an advanced imaging center. Texas Health Arlington Memorial has over 1,600 employees, 250 volunteers and 630 physicians on its medical staff. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence. For more information, visit TexasHealth.org/Arlington.
High school diploma or equivalent required
One (1) year sterile processing experience preferred
Licenses and Certifications
CSPDT - Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician upon hire required or
CBSPD - Certification Board for Sterile Processing & Distribution upon hire required or
CRCST - Certified Registered Central Service Technician upon hire required
• Performs scanning of instrument trays for location and creation of count sheet/label.
• Demonstrates proper assembly technique for instrument trays.
• Demonstrates wrapping/containing of instruments/tray.
• Performs scanning of instrument trays to track location using the SPM system.
• Demonstrates decontamination process according to policy and procedure.
• Cleaning of instruments manually using automated cleaners
• Performs tests and documents as directed to ensure proper operation of washers and Emergency Eyewash and Shower
• Demonstrates the proper loading technique for sterilization method.
• Scans prepared items into correct sterilizer load.
• Demonstrates procedure requirements needed to complete prior to sterilization operation.
• Operates sterilizer according to the manufacturer’s instructions and the department’s policy.
• Demonstrates procedure for removal of items following sterilization.
• Demonstrates monitoring procedures.
• Scan and deliver item to the proper storage place
• Effectively utilizes infection control concepts.
• Effectively handles all chemical and cleaning agents used for cleaning, decontamination and sterilization of instruments and equipment.
• Describes what to do in the event of a chemical spill or related injury.
• Demonstrates safety precautions when operating washers and sterilizers.
• Follows safe lifting techniques as well as proper techniques for handling instruments
• Demonstrates processing and distribution of special medical emergency carts, and Urology carts
• Assists Service Window customers according to established guidelines.
• Monitors supplies as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned
Why Texas Health
As a Texas Health Sterile Processing Technician, you’ll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make it a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
• 2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
• Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
• “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
• A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits, Job Listings by Category, recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns?
Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.