Texas Health Resources Certified Surgical Tech PRN - Central Staffing Office in Arlington, Texas
Texas Health Central Staffing Office, an internal staffing agency seeks to hire a Certified Surgical Tech.
The address is 612 E Lamar, Arlington, TX 76011
The PRN set rate is $27.00/hr.
• PRN (As Needed) – You will have the ability to self-schedule at least 1 shift a month, which will typically vary between 8 to 10 hour shifts per day based on the need of the department. Must have flexibility to float throughout the Metroplex to a minimum of 3 or more Texas Health Resources Hospitals. 1 holiday shift per year is required.
Texas Health Surgery Suites provide a broad range of Surgical Services to include but not limited to General Surgery, Orthopedics, Cardiothoracic, Neurology, GI, Labor and Delivery, Gynecology, Vascular, Gastroenterology. The Surgical Staff uses advanced surgical techniques including Laparoscopic/Minimally Invasive Technology.“ The essential job duties of this position are:
• Assists in providing Peri-Operative care for a patient population that includes Infants, Pediatrics, Adults, and Geriatrics.
• Preoperatively assists R.N. circulator in formulating plan of care.
• Intra-operatively displays skills and behavior conducive to desirable outcome.
• Post-operatively follows proper procedures for care of instruments, supplies and equipment. Under supervision, assists RN circulator with post-operative duties.
• Demonstrates competence in assisting with the performance of age appropriate patient care that is specific to the unique physiological and anatomic aspects of life from the very young to the older adult.
• Assists in the delivering of nursing care in a manner that minimizes the risk of transfer of infection and accidental contamination.
• Assists in delivering care in a manner which protects the patient from injury.
Continuous Improvement: Care is provided with an emphasis on continually improving quality, service and cost effectiveness.
• Assists as needed in coordinating patient care Peri-operatively and assumes responsibility and accountability for behavior in order to maintain standards for professional nursing practice.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent and was employed to practice surgical technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009 OR Graduate of an accredited surgery technology program, Vocational Nurse Program or graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology.
• At least 1 year current operating room experience preferred.
• Previous general, podiatry, orthopedic experience highly preferred.
• CST - Certified Surgical Technologist graduate of an accredited surgical tech program OR employed to practice surgical technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009 OR CST - Certified Surgical Technologies graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology within 2 Years OR LVN - Licensed Vocational Nurse Upon Hire.
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.