Texas Health Resources Charge Capture Specialist in Arlington, Texas
Texas Health Resources is seeking a Charge Capture Specialist, Arlington, TX
Full Time: 1 st Shift 40 hours
Monday-Friday, hours may vary
LOCATION: Texas Health Resources
500 East Border Street Arlington TX 76010
Commensurate with experience
$25.41 - $41.04 per hour
The Charge Capture Specialist serves as the charge capture subject matter expert responsible for charge capture monitoring, training and oversight for clinical/revenue generating departments and coordinate associated data mappings for all order entry, ancillary, charge description master, and billing systems to reduce loss/late revenue through monitoring, training and oversight.
Thorough knowledge of charge capture and charge reconciliation. Working knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to healthcare charge capture, billing and CDM/coding compliance. Prior hospital charge capture in a hospital or healthcare system.
Clinical/Revenue Generating Department Charge Capture Subject Matter Expert
• Serves as clinical/revenue generating department subject matter expert for assigned service lines
• Assists in resolution of department charge capture issues for assigned service lines
• Serves as subject matter expert for charge capture questions/issues for assigned service lines
Charge Capture Testing for assigned service lines
• Analyze testing scripts for all initiatives affecting CDM, charge capture or mapping databases
• Conduct charge capture testing for all applicable service line projects to ensure revenue capture
• Sub-system/charge system data validation for assigned service line
• Ensure complete testing to ensure CDM data integrity and charge capture
• Monitor daily charge capture reconciliation procedures and key performance indicator monitoring for assigned service line areas
Charge Capture service onboarding and training for assigned service line areas
• Executes charge capture education strategy to ensure that individuals involved in charge capture processes for assigned service line areas receive all necessary education, training, and resource materials to enable them to fulfill their responsibilities in an accurate and timely manner.
• Oversees identification of education/training needs for clinical/revenue generating departments in assigned service line areas
Coordination of charge capture/sub-system updates for new/revised CDM line items in assigned service lines
• Manage mapping process for CDM database to clinical ADT and patient accounting systems to support accurate
• Maintain linking logic between CDM database(s), ancillary systems assigned (if applicable) and charge capture tools
• Maintain translation table between CDM database(s), ancillary systems assigned (if applicable) and charge capture tools
• Maintain change control process for service lines assigned
• Maintain mapping database between CDM and charge capture tools for clinical/revenue generating departments in assigned service line areas
• Maintain crosswalks for all systems (Master CDM, Order Entry, Ancillary, Patient Accounting) for all service lines areas assigned
• Manage capture tool/maintenance to ensure accurate mapping between CDM and charge tools for service line areas assigned
• Coordinate crosswalks with THR Charge Description Master and Information Technology staff for assigned service line areas
• Monthly Auditing and Monitoring of mapping databases to ensure charge integrity for assigned service line areas
Bachelor’s degree required
Prefer business or healthcare related degree
Three years in increasing knowledge and experience in charge capture required
Coding experience helpful
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.