Texas Health Resources Coding Analyst In Document & Denials in Arlington, Texas
Texas Health Resources seeks to hire a Coding Analyst In Document & Denials.
Full time 40 hours weekly, variable shifts
Days of the Week: Sunday-Thursday or
Tuesday - Saturday or Monday - Friday
Hours: 9am-6pm or 7am-4pm or 2pm-11pm
Chase Building, Arlington, TX
Associates degree in Health Information Services or related field.
High School Diploma or Equivalent (Two years coding experience in lieu of Associate's degree).
Three (3) years of coding in an acute care setting. (Required)
Two (2) years performing billing and coding denials resolution. (Preferred)
LICENSE / CERTIFICATION:
Must possess or be able to obtain within 12 month after hire.
CCS - Certified Coding Specialist
CCA - Certified Coding Associate
RHIA - Registered Health Information Administrator RHIT - Registered Health Information Technician CPC - Certified Professional Coder
Demonstrates the ability to locate, research, comprehend and appropriately apply 3rd party payer rules and regulations; analyze and resolve complex coding related claim denials in a manner that ensures accurate and optimal reimbursement. Proficient in Microsoft Office and billing software applications. Thorough understanding of ICD9-CM, DRG methodologies, CPT-4, Outpatient Code Editor and National Correct Coding Initiative policies. Demonstrates clear and concise oral and written communication skills. Demonstrates strong decision making and problem solving skills; Personal initiative to keep abreast of new developments in coding updates/technology/research/regulatory data; Detail oriented and ability to meet deadlines: Ability to adjust successfully to changing priorities and work load volume. Successful completion of ICD 10 training courses
Reviews, researches, resolves and trends billing and coding edits:
• Audits and confirms the coding of diagnoses and procedures relevant to the resolve the billing/coding edits.
• Reviews appropriate regulatory references to identify/substantiate diagnoses, procedures and modifiers that support services billed.
• Takes initiative to query the physician for documentation or clarification to justify services.
• Works in conjunction with Senior Analyst and the CBO for follow up, resolution and trending of coding related denials and appeals.
• Maintains required productivity standards.
Trends documentation, reimbursement, and coding:
• Tracks opportunities for documentation, reimbursement and coding improvement.
• Provides information and feedback on coding related software edits, denials issues, reimbursement trends, and billing and coding errors to HIS management, clinical departments and CBO.
Assists the management team with Fiscal Management of coding resources and processes:
• Assists manager with the processes associated with the weekly DNFB to consistently meet entity/system goals.
• Meets productivity standards for completion of denial review processes.
• Performs coding when necessary and requested by HIS coding management team.
• Maintains frequent and regular contact with supervisor and seeks consultation and guidance when appropriate.
• Participates in personal annual performance evaluation, providing opportunity for growth and development.
• Consistently abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the AHIMA and adheres to official coding guidelines.
• Maintains required productivity standards.
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.