Texas Health Resources DATA INTEGRATION ENGINEER II in Arlington, Texas
Texas Health Resources seeks to hire a Data Integration Engineer II in Arlington, TX.
The address is 612 E. Lamar Blvd. Arlington, TX 76011
Salary range is Min. $36.78/hr to Max. $63.09/hr – based on relevant experience
Full Time: 40 hours per week
The Data Integration Engineer II is self-motivated individual responsible for the design, development, and support of data integration solutions. Partners with internal business units, analysts, vendors, and key stakeholders to understand their information requirements to independently design, develop and implement data integration solutions that support our platforms resiliency, stability, and supportability; using a variety of ETL and database technologies. Their work will support business decisions, and could span across multiple areas such as consumer experience, clinical quality, hospital operations,
supply chain, finance, etc. Datastage, SQL, FastTrack, or other technologies. Rapidly develop and refine data integration solutions using Infosphere Datastage, SQL, FastTrack, or other technologies.
Works with business sponsors, SMES and application teams; to understand the business requirements; analyze and assess availability, quality, and lineage of source system data. Design, map data from source to target and develop data integration solutions that meet business needs. Develop and socialize data integration standards.
Partners with other engineers through design reviews, providing feedback on feasibility, scalability, performance and adherence to standards.
Partners with business, analysts, BI team, application teams and other stakeholders to design, map data from source to target, develop, test, and implement production data integration solutions that are fully integrated into the Enterprise Data Warehouse. Ensuring model design solves the end users need.
Support production Data Warehouse applications and utilize tools to proactively manage source system changes, optimize applications and ensure availability, accuracy, security, and acceptable performance. Contributes information to the data governance software to improve knowledge downstream.
Comply with THR information security and privacy policies, ITSM processes and Data Integration development and design standards and best practices. Work with business to ensure standards and best practices are meeting the business needs. Follow data governance requirements and documentation including but not limited to business definitions, technical definition, and may function as data SME. Builds interrelationships among partners and customers and analysts who have similar information needs and manages those relationships to assure effective solutions.
Function as a SME for the business and analysts on technical questions and capabilities. Able to fully comprehend and concisely articulate the overall system functions.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree Business Administration, Information Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or relevant field is Required.
• Master's Degree Business Administration, Information Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or relevant field is Preferred.
• 3 Years Working as an Data Integration Engineer or Data Integration Production Support Engineer with a Bachelor's degree is Required.
• Experience working in a healthcare or related field is Preferred.
• Teradata Database Experience Preferred.
• Experience upgrading IBM Infosphere Tools is Preferred.
• Proficient with interviewing and gathering business requirements, definition and design of data source and data flows, data quality analysis, and working with the data architect on the development of logical data models.
• Proficient using Infosphere/DataStage or equivalent ETL software.
• Proficient with relational databases and using SQL to query, create tables, views, indexes, joins.
• Proficient using Unix and applicable scripting/scheduling tools.
• Experience with the SDLC, ITSM and privacy and security concepts.
• Able to take on multiple projects concurrently and manage changes in scope along the way.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with focus on concise, cohesive, critical HRO focused communication with vendors, business users, and executives.
• Demonstrated ability to work on multi-disciplined project teams to consistent rapid delivery while driving an aggressive schedule, identifying all impacts and proposing resolutions.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries.
Texas Health Highlights
2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
A “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
A 2019 Gold level LearningElite award – national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.