Texas Health Resources Food Service Worker- Full Time- Arlington in Arlington, Texas
Food Service Worker
Full Time- Arlington
*40 hours/week *
Are you looking for a rewarding career, with TOP-NOTCH BENEFITS , in an award-winning healthcare system? We’re looking for a qualified Food Service Worker like you to join our Texas Health family.
Work location: Texas Health Arlington 800 W. Randol Mill Road TX 76012
Work Environment: Food & Nutrition Services
Work hours: Full Time (40 hours) Rotating to cover the following shifts: 6a-6:30p, 7:30a-8p, 8a-8:30p or 4:30p-8:30p, also rotates weekends/holidays
Salary range: $15.00 - $18.77 per hour (based on relevant experience)
At Texas Health Arlington Memorial we take seriously our mission to improve the health of those in our community. We are a 369-bed, acute-care, full-service hospital serving our community since 1958. Our location in central Arlington provides convenient care to people in the DFW Metroplex and surrounding areas.
High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred
FHC- Food Handlers Certificate within 30 days of hire is required
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful Food Service Worker will
• Serves food on the cafeteria and patient tray lines, utilizing good customer skills when serving patrons.
• Assembles, deliver and retrieves patient trays.
• Documents food deliver times and food tallies; performs other simple record keeping, i.e. temperature checks on equipment and food.
• Reports variances from standards to supervisor.
• Performs simple food assembly such as preparing salads, portioning and garnishing foods according to instruction.
• Cleans and sanitizes equipment, wares, walls, and floors routinely.
• Washes and sanitizes dishes, pots and pans as well as all cooking utensils an cooking equipment, according to department standards and procedures.
• Labels and dates food according to HACCP standards.
• Ability to learn HACCP sanitation guidelines and follow for safe food handling.
• Knows and performs proper procedure for taking and recording temperatures of food items, both raw and cooked and refrigerated units.
• Demonstrates and performs procedures when temperatures are inadequate according to standards.
• Understands and utilizes the FIFO system of food production.
• Ability to follow/learn OSHA safety guidelines.
• Collects and delivers floor stock utilizing FIFO, delivers between meal nourishments and late trays according to departmental standards.
• Maintains assigned areas and equipment in safe, clean, neat, and orderly manner to meet/exceed both department and TDH sanitation standards in both department sanitation and personal hygiene.
• Disposes of trash and garbage according to standards and procedures.
• Follow “clean as you go” as well as proper hand hygiene.
• Performs other job duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager..
Why Texas Health
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make THR a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
“America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.