Texas Health Resources HIM Data Integrity Specialist I 1pm-9:30pm in Arlington, Texas
Texas Health Resources System Services is seeking to hire a Health Information Data Integrity Specialist I.
Chase Building, Arlington, TX
WORK SCHEDULE / HOURS:
Monday-Friday; 1:00 pm-9:30 pm
Required Minimum Education:
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED). Additional coursework in Health Information Management, Medical Terminology, Information Systems, Management, or Lean Six Sigma.
Additional coursework can be obtained in a college based or work sponsored education program.
Associate's Degree in Health Information Management or related field preferred.
Required Minimum Experience:
2 years experience in Healthcare.
Prefer experience to be in the areas of Patient Access, Information Systems, Business Office, Health Information Management or Project Management.
Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences and knowledge levels. Must be able to problem solve, utilizing all applications provided for reference. Must be able to read, comprehend, and apply established policies and procedures. Proficient in MS Office, electronic health record systems, billing systems, document management systems, encoders, computer-assisted coding systems, and databases
• Responsible for the real-time monitoring of Reverse Transverse Interface Facility Errors (RTIFs) and all folders in Smart Merge including Multiples.
• Thoroughly researches all errors utilizing all available applications.
• Processes each correction in all applicable systems for Smart IX(E#), Invision Enrollee (EE), Duplicate MRN, Duplicate Social Security Number, Simple Deletes, Revision of Patient Health Information and Invision Specific errors according to the Policy and Procedure real-time to meet Productivity Standards.
• Identifies and researches Contact Mover errors, directing Patient Access and Clinical Staff as to their necessary steps, completing the template real-time, and notifying THR Data Integrity staff, CBO and the HIE.
• Follows-up daily on unresolved corrections until resolved.
• Responsible for the real-time monitoring of THR Data Integrity Email Box and Merging sub-folder at designated intervals.
• Researches each email request utilizing the appropriate applications, seeks additional information, determines the correction needed, processes each correction real-time and responds to the requester.
• Provides concise notes according to the Policy and Procedure in Smart Merge, Care Connect, THR Data Integrity Data Base, or Invision-Patient Accounting; outlining completion of correction, need for further consultation, system limitations or need for Service Desk assistance including the ticket number.
• Signs-on to the Avaya Telephone system upon arrival for their assigned shift and accurately utilizes Aux Reason Codes for ACD telephone system, logging back into phone in a timely manner.
• Answers telephone calls in time frame and manner identified by THR Data Integrity, soliciting information from the requester to determine the service required.
• Maintains accurate communication and distribution lists to facilitate the timely resolution of all corrections.
• Initiates and responds in a timely manner during their designated shift or next business day to instant messages and emails utilizing appropriate business grammar and formats.
• Communicates with the requester by: requesting additional information, seeking clarification with the patient real-time, notifying prior to a correction if required, advising requester of the correction process and expected time of resolution, periodically updating if issues arise that will delay the process and notifies the requester when the process is complete.
• Actively participates in the THR Data Integrity-Group IM to facilitate communication between entities, contacting the originator of the IM Group at the start of their assigned shift.
RELEASE OF INFORMATION:
• Monitors THR Data Integrity Email Box and the STAT Fax-ROI subfolder within Outlook at designated intervals during assigned shift.
• Monitors entity fax as necessary.
• Analyzes STAT Requests for Release of Information, identifying the information that meets "need to know" requirements and releasing according to the establish Policy and Procedures.
• Forwards Non-Stat requests for Release of Information to HIMSROI@texashealth.org.
• Proficiently utilizes Smart Merge, Epic, Invision Gold PM/PA/EAD, 3M, Streamline Health, Flowcast, CPSI, Cerner Soarian, CAC, SharePoint, and MS Office Suite.
• Troubleshoots common computer issues.
• Maintains the efficiency of CPU through defragging, removing history, and extraneous profiles.
• Reports issues with all applications utilized in any correction process to Manager or Entity Lead for Data Integrity, contacting the Service Desk and Data Integrity Leadership for after hours and weekend issues.
• Accurately records corrections into the THR Data Integrity Database, querying Manager or Entity Lead for Data Integrity if there is a question on how a correction should be logged.
• Queries Invision, printing lists for all assigned entities for the revision of all Baby Names discharged the previous day.
• Utilizes Texas Electronic Registrar (TER) for obtaining Legal name of baby.
• Revises each Baby Name according to Policy and Procedure.
• Maintains a Log of Babies not named according to TER, following up the next business day.
• Reports issues with TER to the Service Desk in addition to notifying Data Integrity Leadership.
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.