Texas Health Resources In-Room Dining Server - As Needed in Arlington, Texas
Texas Health Arlington Memorial seeks to hire an In-Room Dining Server to work As Needed and join the Food Nutrition Services Team!
The address is 800 West Randol Mill Road, Arlington, TX 76012
Salary Range is Min. $12.20/hr to Max. $18.57/hr - Based on relevant experience
• As Needed, 7:00 am to 7:30 pm , 12 hour shifts
• Rotating weekends and holidays
• Serve patient meals, assist with set up and prepare snacks accurately and timely according to procedures.
• Returns to the patient room within a reasonable period of time to pick up dirty tray and to confirm satisfaction with the patient.
• Comply with hand hygiene, patient identification, and personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements.
• Utilizes basic diet therapy training to assist patients in selecting correct menu items as needed.
• Maintains food safety requirements according to HACCP and department standards in the performance of all duties.
• Maintains clean and orderly work area, ensuring compliance with health department and facility requirements.
• Monitor, prepare, and deliver floor stock to designated units according to FIFO and check for expired product and/or prohibited food items.
• Check and log refrigerator/freezer temperatures on the nursing units.
• Demonstrate excellent customer service skills at point of service and in resolution of complaints/concerns/questions.
• Follows AIDET principles.
• Performs other job duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• High School Diploma or Equivalent is preferred
• 6 months experience in a food service position or applicable customer service is required
• Previous Experience in Patient Meal Services preferred
• FHC – Food Handlers Certificate is required within 30 days of hire
• Reading, basic math, written language in English.
• Cooperative, discreet, and courteous in handling customers.
• Good communication and organizational skills.
• Positive customer service attributes.
• Ability to work as a member of a team.
• Ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment while maintaining focus and quality and quality service.
Why Texas Health Resources?
• Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital, a 369-bed acute-care, full-service medical center has been serving Arlington and the surrounding communities since 1958. Hospital services include comprehensive cardiac care, women’s services, neurosciences, cancer services, orthopedics, emergency services and an advanced imaging center. Texas Health Arlington Memorial has over 1,600 employees, 250 volunteers and 630 physicians on its medical staff. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence. For more information, visit TexasHealth.org/Arlington.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5 th year in a row)
• 2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (5 th year in a row)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor (2018 and 2019)
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.