Texas Health Resources Mobile Health Nurse Practitioner - Full time, Days in Arlington, Texas
Mobile Health Nurse Practitioner
Work location: Texas Health Fort Worth and will need to travel community health sites (about 3- 4 days a week). Community Health Sites will be Dallas County and surrounding areas.
Work hours: Monday – Friday from 8am - 5pm. One Saturday month required
Mobile Healthcare Access: Deploying mobile units to increase healthcare accessibility in underserved areas.
Impactful Health Initiatives: Engaging in rewarding work aimed at improving health outcomes
Supportive work Environment: Emphasizing a healthy work/life balance for all team members.
Here’s What You Need
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required and
Master’s Degree – graduate of a Nurse Practitioner program required
2 years experience as a Nurse Practitioner in primary care or related field required
RN upon hire required and
APRN upon hire required and
NP upon hire required and
BCLS prior to providing independent patient care and maintained quarterly required and
ACLS within 90 days of hire preferred
What You Will Do
The Mobile Health Nurse Practitioner position involves delivering comprehensive direct and indirect patient care to underserved communities as part of the Community Health Improvement (CHI) Service Area. This role operates from a mobile unit and requires travel to various locations to provide essential medical services. The primary responsibilities include assessing and monitoring patients' clinical conditions, interpreting diagnostic studies, and effectively communicating any changes or findings to the medical director. Patient education and the promotion of wellness and preventive measures are essential components of the role. Additionally, the Mobile Health Nurse Practitioner is responsible for developing healthcare resources and actively sharing knowledge with other healthcare team members, as well as patients and their families. Upholding the highest standards of customer service, compassion, and integrity is vital during patient care and interactions with community partners. Adherence to established guidelines and regulations is required to maintain compliance with organizational policies and procedures. Collaborating with fellow providers, clinical staff, and leadership is critical in fostering a harmonious and efficient healthcare environment.
· Under the supervision of the sponsoring physician, the Advanced Practice Provider (APP) reviews patients' electronic medical records and conducts physical examinations to diagnose, treat, and manage patient care.
· Prescribes appropriate diagnostics and interventions to minimize unnecessary acute admissions.
· Evaluates care delivery models in relation to community, environmental, cultural, and socioeconomic dimensions of health to promote population health
· Demonstrates commitment to enhancing unit-based programs and research strategies aimed at enhancing the quality of patient care
· Collaborates with peers and interdisciplinary teams to foster effective partnerships
· Recognizes the importance of maintaining standards of appearance and professionalism in community and patient-facing environments.
· Works collaboratively with leadership to achieve shared goals and objectives
· Establishes realistic and measurable annual goals for advancing professional nursing development
· Maintains required certifications on a designated cadence, ensuring ongoing professional competence
· Perform related duties as necessary and other duties as assigned.
Additional perks of being a Texas Health employee
Benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, Paid Parental Leave, flex spending, tuition reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment Program as well as several other benefits.
Delivery of high quality of patient care through nursing education, nursing research and innovations in nursing practice.
Strong Unit Based Council (UBC).
A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
At Texas Health Resources, our mission is “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”.
Our award-winning culture is a tribute to our amazing employees. We’re thrilled to be a 2023 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” for the 9th year in a row!
We strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all. We’re committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. Join us and to do your life’s best work here!
Explore our Texas Health careers site (https://jobs.texashealth.org/) for info like Benefits (https://jobs.texashealth.org/benefits) , Job Listings by Category (https://jobs.texashealth.org/professions) , recent Awards (https://jobs.texashealth.org/awards) we’ve won and more.
Texas Health requires a resume when an application is submitted.Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.