Texas Health Resources Nurse Manager II-ICU in Arlington, Texas
At Texas Health Arlington, we are dedicated to finding people to help us fulfill our commitment to make health care human again. We staff our exemplary hospital with health care professionals who approach every patient, every colleague, every physician and every family member with compassion. Come join us on our Journey as we rise to the next level.
Texas Health Arlington Memorial is in search of a Nurse Manager to add to our team in ICU. The Nurse Manager ICU reports to the Associate Chief Nursing Officer and will provide overall direction for over 40 employees, 24 hour accountability and budgetary responsibility for the unit. We are looking for a dynamic and accountable individual with excellent people skills especially in the area of Physician relations. The manager will take an active role in project management and process improvement and will identify opportunities to integrate evidence based practice/research findings and improve patient care and quality. The Nurse Manager will be responsible for managing daily operational activities focused on patient satisfaction, recruitment, retention and staff development. We desire a strong communicative leader with experience in transition who is innovative, a visionary, motivator and mentor who will foster a culture of accountability. This is a Level 4 Trauma Center, busy ICU that runs at an average census of 18.
Hours: Full Time - Monday -Friday -Day Shift - 24/7 Accountability
• Plan, organize, and delegate activities as required for safe, efficient, and effective operation of the unit including active participation with other hospital departments and leadership to accomplish this purpose.
• Provide resources and guidance to support the utilization of evidence based practice standards.
Identify operational efficiency and process improvement
• Identify and utilize processes and resources that support optimal delivery of data and information to staff.
• Facilitate activities that prepare unit, environment, and staff to meet credentialing bodies’ requirements.
• Identify key drivers in throughput process, evaluate area’s role, and develop solutions to barriers.
Prepare operating and capital budgets for areas of responsibility.
• Manage the approved budget and adjust strategies as needed to meet budget expectations.
• Communicate information from management reports to direct care providers.
• Plan, manage, patient care processes to improve performance
• Facilitate delivery of quality patient care.
• Require documentation that meets hospital and credentialing standards / policy/guidelines
• Demonstrates positive supportive role in change process.
• Responsible for staffing based on patient care needs.
• Responsible for personnel functions including staff, performance reviews and corrective action.
• Promote professional growth and development of all employees.
• Supports diversity and inclusion in the organization.
• Recognize and reward individual and team accomplishments.
• Promote staff retention
• Facilitate new staff orientation
• Facilitate staff participation in community service
• Supports shared decision-making through the unit-based council in order to develop inter/intradepartmental teamwork and team goal accomplishments.
• Establish collegial relationships with physicians, unit personnel, other departments and administration.
• Promote team building strategies and principles of group process in interaction with staff.
• Recognize/communicate ethical and legal concerns through established channels of communication.
• Promote and demonstrate the professional image of nursing in demeanor, appearance, attitude and behavior.
•Engage in professional development activities related to nursing leadership and area of expertise
Graduate of a NLN (National League of Nursing) or CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) accredited nursing program.
3 years of RN leadership in acute care setting, 5 years experience in nursing.
Current RN licensure; BLS training or successful completion within 30 days of hire.
* A nurse with a strong ICU background would be ideal *
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.