Texas Health Resources Physician Network Development Specialist in Arlington, Texas
Texas Health Resources is seeking a Physician Network Development Specialist. The primary territory will be in the North Dallas/Central Dallas Area.
Responsibilities include assisting in the development of a Physician Network Development Strategy and related road-maps to achieve the strategy, meeting or exceeding productivity and financial targets, and contributing to the achievement of meeting the department's overall KPI's. Other primary duties include prospecting, contract analysis, negotiations, contributing to operational implementation of the contracts and network liaison functions.
• Monday – Friday; 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
• Must be willing to travel within the DFW metroplex
Required Minimum Education:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare, Business or related field
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration preferred
Required Minimum Experience:
• 4 years’ experience in a business development role to include 3 years in healthcare business development
• Progressive healthcare development experience in a multi-site healthcare organization strongly preferred
• Strong analytical and reasoning abilities
• Strong contract negotiations skills
• Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of new value based care reimbursement models and related regulations helpful
• Must be comfortable working independently and able to travel in the DFW area
Negotiates agreements with physician groups and physicians that result in an adequate network of high quality, cost effective and marketable providers. Activities will include:
• face-to-face meetings with targeted physicians, office staff, and other influential leaders to understand practice patterns and determine offerings that could influence physicians joining SWHR PN
• Effective communication of SWHR PN offerings to physicians and other providers to influence targeted providers to become members of the SWHR PN
• Complete follow-up meetings with physicians as needed while ensuring that internal and external obstacles to a physician joining the SWHR PN are identified and minimized or eliminated.
• Facilitate the organization's response to new business opportunities through information gathering, presentation and proactive interaction with appropriate internal constituents.
Meet or exceed personal assigned productivity and financial targets through effective and efficient goal setting, prospecting, networking, and territory management. Duties include account management, needs assessments, value propositioning, handling objections and gaining agreement. Promote and support activities that ensures SWHR meets organizational metrics. Maintain strong relationships with providers to drive business results with in assigned geographical area and/or specialty.
Support Physician Network Quality and Financial objectives:
• Monitor and plan contract negotiations and renewals, including assessment of market trends and competitive positions relative to rate
• Assure that all contracts follow PN governance process and structure.
• Support PN strategies to improve provider and member satisfaction
• Assist in resolving elevated provider service complaints
• Support assigned PH work targets related to quality, cost of care and innovation
Assist in the development of the Physician Network Business Development Strategy that aims to grow the SWHR extended physician network. Assist in completing market research to incorporate into said strategy. Have strong understanding of strategy and be able to concisely communicate this strategy to various levels of leadership, physician prospects and other external customers.
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.