Texas Health Resources Registered Nurse/RN- Central Staffing Office -ED PRN in Arlington, Texas
Texas Health Resources Central Staffing-an internal staffing agency-is currently in search of an Emergency Department (ED/ER) PRN Registered Nurse. This PRN position will work varying shifts. Must have flexibility to float throughout the Metroplex to a minimum of three (3) or more hospitals. At least one (1) holiday worked per year.
The address is based out of 612 E. Lamar, Arlington, TX 76011 and will float to a minimum of 3 hospitals
Salary is $43/hr based on relevant experience
• Varying shift
• Weekday, Weekend and Holiday
Under the direction of the health care provider, the Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and well-being of all patients.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Graduate of a NLN (National League of Nursing) or CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) accredited nursing programs.
• A minimum of an Associate's Degree in Nursing as well as hold a current license to practice in the state of Texas as a Registered Nurse (RN); Single State or Compact State
• BSN strongly preferred. RNs hired after Jan 2017 completion of BSN within 2 years of THR RN start date as defined in offer letter.
• At least one year of clinical nurse or completion of an RN residency program required, One year of previous experience in ED/ER within the last 3 years is strongly preferred.
• Current RN, AHA BCLS required upon hire. AHA ACLS, NIHSS, ENPC or PALS or ATCN required within 30 days of hire. Completion of CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) required within 60 days of hire. Additional certifications such as ENPC or PALS etc may be required.
As primary care giver, candidates for this position will have the opportunity to stay actively involved in the total care plan through patient and family education. Responsibilities will include patient assessment, creating and maintaining a sterile and safe environment to include service as patient advocate. Initiate action to protect patient rights and/or preferences; adhere to HIPAA, Safety and Infection Control guidelines. Candidates will be expected to maintain and enhance nursing skills. Basic computer knowledge, excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.