Texas Health Resources Registered Respiratory Therapist - Full Time Mon-Fri 3:00pm to 11:00pm in Arlington, Texas
Texas Health Arlington Memorial is seeking to hire a Registered Respiratory Therapist to join the Respiratory Therapy Team.
The address is 800 W. Randol Mill Rd., Arlington, TX 76012
Salary range is Min. $25.40/hr to Max. $37.86/hr – based on relevant experience
• Full Time: 40 hours per week; Monday-Friday 3:00pm-11:00pm
Respiratory therapists at Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital work under physician's orders to provide a wide range of breathing treatments and other services to people with asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cystic fibrosis, lung cancer, AIDS, and other lung or lung-related conditions. They also care for premature infants and are key members of lifesaving response teams charged with handling medical emergencies.
The essential duties of this position are:
Patient Assessment/Plan of Care
• Obtains/verifies physician order for therapy and validate for appropriateness.
• Reviews available medical records and obtain pertinent medical history from patient or family.
• Evaluates each patient using age and diagnosis appropriate assessment tests and measurements.
• Applies appropriate patient care interventions according to protocol guidelines and priority of care.
• Demonstrates competence in the performance of age appropriate patient assessment and individualizes care based on age specific needs.
• Uses therapeutic treatment techniques appropriate to patient age and desire for treatment.
• Performs treatment procedures that are within the scope of the professional license.
• Performs/delegates technical procedures appropriately and safely.
• Determine patient response to treatment and evaluate progress (reassessment).
• Educate patient and family through instruction, demonstration, or appropriate handouts in treatment plan, safety issues, and home programs/self-management.
• Maintain bedside and ventilator alarms in audible position.
• Maintains patient safety throughout treatment.
• Communicates with physicians and other healthcare personnel as appropriate regarding patient care issues.
• Demonstrates competence in the performance of age appropriate patient treatment and individualizes care based on age specific needs.
• Administers medication in a safe/correct manner, adhering to medication administration guidelines.
• Reports unsafe conditions and equipment in proper/timely manner.
• Responds to emergency situations.
• Documents verification of physician orders prior to delivery of care.
• Documents aspects of each treatment session in accordance with departmental, JCAHO, Medicare, and other applicable regulatory guidelines.
• Documents assessments of education needs, education provided, and patient understanding of education provided in accordance with departmental, JCAHO, Medicare, and other applicable regulatory guidelines.
• Reports and documents unusual occurrences, on the job injuries, and medical device malfunctioning.
• Enters patient charges and record procedures according to departmental guidelines.
• Utilizes available resources (equipment, support personnel, educational resources) to maximize efficiency and productivity and meet departmental needs.
• Represents department in a positive manner to hospital/system/community.
• Completes assigned work within scheduled hours and offers assistance to others to ensure departmental work is accomplished.
• Seeks assistance/supervision/consultation as needed and reports to supervisor any problems and/or solutions regarding delivery of patient care.
• Demonstrates commitment to the maintenance of a clean, safe work environment that is compliant with departmental, hospital and regulatory agency requirements.
• Works in partnership with peers, other disciplines, and departmental personnel.
• Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift and inter-hospital.
• Adapts to changes in workload assignment.
• Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Graduate of AMA approved Respiratory Care Program is required
• 1 year of critical care experience is strongly preferred
• Candidate will have experience with patient intubations or be willing to learn, and will assist with bedside bronchoscopes
• Required Certifications/Licenses: Respiratory Care Practitioner, Registered Respiratory Therapist, BCLS and ACLS.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Computer experience
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Heart & Vascular Hospital is a separately licensed hospital located on the campus of Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital. We are a 47-bed facility including a 20 bed Cardiovascular ICU and a 27-bed cardiac telemetry unit. Texas Health Heart & Vascular Hospital is accredited for Chest Pain through The Joint Commission. We have achieved AHA’s Gold Plus award for three years in a row plus AHA’s Gold Plus award for Heart Failure. We specialize in CABG and Valve surgeries, thoracotomies, general cardiac including heart failure, cardiomyopathies, AMI, TAVR, post heart catheterization including angioplasty, stenting and electrophysiology studies.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Gold level LearningElite award – national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.