Texas Health Resources RN - Emergency Room/ED/ER in Arlington, Texas
Working 36 hours a week with weekends and holidays.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Our facilities are located across the greater Dallas – Ft. Worth area with a centrally located corporate office in Arlington, TX. We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US that has the resources to offer a variety of career growth and professional development opportunities with equally remarkable benefits. Join our award-winning Texas Health family and contribute to our mission “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”.
A few recent accomplishments we achieved include:
• 2015 and 2016 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• Ranked #1 on the Fortune’s 2015 and 2016 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care” and #2 on the nation's 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity for 2015 by Great Place to Work®
• Named by Hospital & Health Networks magazine as one of the nation’s 2016 “Most Wired” health care systems for the 16th time in 18 years
• Ranked #1 on 2016 “100 Best Workplaces for Women list” by Great Place to Work®
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
Graduate of a NLN (National League of Nursing) or CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) accredited nursing programs.
Effective Dec 2015 RNs hired or transferring in THR completion of BSN within 2 years.
Current RN License to practice in the state of Texas upon hire, BCLS upon hire, CPI within 60 Days of hire, ACLS within 6 Months of hire, TNCC within 12 Months of hire, ENPC - Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course or PALS within 12 Months of hire
RN experience in the acute care hospital setting
ED RN experience preferred
Patient’s assessment and time management skills
Must be a team player, have good communication skills and able to work in fast paced environment
Basic Computer skills
Hours/Schedule: Full-time; 3-12 hr/shifts; 7:00 pm - 7:00 am, 36 hours/wk with rotating weekends and holidays. on-call shift 2 per schedule.
Practices within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act. Serves as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care.
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
• assesses the patient
• plans the care of the patient
• intervenes as appropriate
• evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
• Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
• Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
• Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers
Maintains professional accountability
Maintains and enhances nursing skills
Serves as patient advocate
Communicates per department expectations
Provides for patient privacy and dignity
Adapts to changes in workload assignment functioning as Resource/Charge Nurse as needed.
Texas Health provides an environment for optimal success and we pride ourselves on providing eligible employees with a variety of great benefits which include:
• Matching 401 (K) plan, Flex Spending Accounts and a Credit Union
• Tuition reimbursement
• Wellness and Career Development Programs and Adoption Assistance
• Competitive compensation packages / Relocation Coach
• Medical, dental and vision insurance for eligible employees
• Life, AD&D and Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Coverage
• On-site Child Care and Fitness Centers (at select locations)
• Company Volunteer days
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
“RN", “Registered Nurse", “M/S, “Medical Surgical", “Med/Surge", “med/surg”, “Medical and Surgical", “Nursing”, “Registered Nurse", “RN”, “MS RN", “Medical Surgical Nurse", “Medical Unit", “Post Surgical" “Sigma Theta Tau", “ “BSN", “Associate Nurse" “Diploma Nurse" “BSN" “Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing" “**Nur" , “nurse clinician", “clinical nurse", “Medical Surgical Tele", “TX, North Texas", “TX”, “North Texas", "Arlington", "Telemetry", “tele”, “PCU", "Progressive Care", "PCCN", "Travel Nurse", “Agency Nurse", "Sigma Theta Tau", "Sub acute", “ED”, “Emergency”, "ER"
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.