Texas Health Resources RN - Registered Nurse II - Float - Nights - Arlington in Arlington, Texas
Texas Health Arlington Memorial is currently seeking a full- time night shift Registered Nurse to join the Float team.
The address is: Texas Health Arlington Memorial 800 W. Randol Mill Road, Arlington, TX 76012
Salary Range: $26.50/hr-$50.82/hr
Work Schedule: 3(12hr) Night shift – 7pm-7am
• Responds to others' priorities regarding safety, physical, psychological and social needs
• Attention to emotional, social, and self-esteem needs
• Regular assessment and maintenance of comfort
• Knowledge of basic physiology and pathophysiology
• Knowledge of human emotions during health and illness
• Knowledge of human development across the life span
• Knowledge of pain and suffering, pain interventions and pain comfort/theories
• Provides safe patient care as evidenced by
• Using barcode medication verification (BMV) during medication administrations
• Completing accurate documentation in the electronic health record
• Completing assessments accurately and in a timely manner
• Individualizing care plans specific to the needs of the patient
• Providing consistent attention to airway, intake, elimination, sleep, rest, mobility and hygiene needs
• Human Respect - Honors worth of humans through unconditional acceptance as evidenced by
• Handling of the body with care
• Demonstrating knowledge of patient rights and incorporating into daily practice
• Calling patients by their preferred name
• Demonstrating use of eye contact and physical contact appropriately
• Speaking respectfully and professionally in a soothing tone
• Appreciation of Unique Meanings - Concerned with understanding others frame of reference
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Associate's Degree Nursing Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required without a previously approved exemption.
• Bachelor's Degree Nursing preferred
• 1 year of experience as a clinical nurse or completion of an RN residency program required.
• Med-Surg Tele experience highly preferred.
• Float Pool experience preferred.
• RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire And
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Expiration date greater than 3 months preferred. Upon Hire Required
• ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required And
• CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training. 30 Days Required
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment is required.
Why Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital, a 369-bed acute-care, full-service medical center has been serving Arlington and the surrounding communities since 1958. Hospital services include comprehensive cardiac care, women’s services, neurosciences, cancer services, orthopedics, emergency services and an advanced imaging center. Texas Health Arlington Memorial has over 1,600 employees, 250 volunteers and 630 physicians on its medical staff. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence. For more information, visit TexasHealth.org/Arlington.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Gold level LearningElite award – national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.