Texas Health Resources RN WOC - Full Time Days in Arlington, Texas
Mon - Friday- 7:30a- 4:00p
Texas Health Arlington Memorial is currently in search of a WOC Registered Nurse for our Wound Care Team.
Texas Health Arlington Memorial is ranked among the best hospitals in Dallas-Fort Worth by U.S. News & World Report. It is also designated as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, an honor that recognizes hospitals for excellence in nursing, and was the first facility in Arlington to earn the designation. Texas Health Arlington Memorial is conveniently located at the corner of Randol Mill Road and Cooper Street in North Arlington.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Our facilities are located across the greater Dallas – Ft. Worth area with a centrally located corporate office in Arlington, TX. We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US that has the resources to offer a variety of career growth and professional development opportunities with equally remarkable benefits. Join our award-winning Texas Health family and contribute to our mission “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”. A few recent accomplishments we achieved include:
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4 Years in a Row)
• 2015 “Healthiest Employer in North Texas” by Dallas Business Journal and 2015 Fortune “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials”
• Ranked #1 on the Fortune’s 2015 and 2016 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care” and #2 on the nation's 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity for 2015 by Great Place to Work®
• 2015 and 2016 Platinum-level recognition from the American Heart Association (AHA) for being a “Fit-Friendly Worksite”
• 2015 Great Place to Work® and Fortune list of “50 Best Workplaces for Camaraderie”
• 2016 Becker's Healthcare’s "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare"
• Named by Hospital & Health Networks magazine as one of the nation’s 2016 “Most Wired” health care systems for the 16th time in 18 years
• Ranked #1 on 2016 “100 Best Workplaces for Women list” by Great Place to Work®
• Platinum-level recognition in the 2016 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles® awards, sponsored by the National Business Group on Health (eighth year to appear on the list but is our first time to receive the Platinum award)
• Stage 7 Revalidation Texas Health Resources recently earned revalidation recognition for the premier award for electronic health record (EHR) adoption
Texas Health provides an environment for optimal success and we pride ourselves on providing eligible employees with a variety of great benefits which include:
• Matching 401 (K) plan, Flex Spending Accounts and a Credit Union
• Tuition reimbursement
• Wellness and Career Development Programs and Adoption Assistance
• Competitive compensation packages / Relocation Coach
• Medical, dental and vision insurance for eligible employees
• Life, AD&D and Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Coverage
• On-site Child Care and Fitness Centers (at select locations)
• Company Volunteer days
• Nursing Career Ladder and much more
• Graduate of a NLN (National League of Nursing) or CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) accredited nursing programs.
• BSN required.
• 2+ years experience as a clinical nurse.
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire.
• Current AHA BLS training upon hire.
• Certification in WOCN or CWOCN/CWON or obtain within 6 months of hire
• CPI within 60 days of hire.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
• Patient assessment and time management skills
• Must be a team player, have good communication skills and able to work in fast paced environment Effective in managing multiple acute chronic disease processes.
• 1-3 years RN experience in skin/wound care and enterostomal care.
Provide care to Inpatient Wound Care patients.
Work with other team members to resolve patient issues.
Ensure communication with other care providers is timely, accurate, and complete.
Recommends standards for cost-effective supplies/equipment related to wound, ostomy and continence care to be utilized in the hospital through evaluation and product research studies.
Provide patient/family education for pre-operative and post-operative care ,including post operative and discharge instructions, referrals and supply needs.
Administers wound, skin and ostomy care products and Is alert to potential problems with products that may vary with age of patients.
Serves as liaison between patient, family and physician. Makes recommendations for alternate living conditions when necessary.
Utilized by other staff/units as resource. Provides consultation and direct assistance to nursing staff for all WOCN patients.
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital, a 369-bed acute-care, full-service medical center has been serving Arlington and the surrounding communities since 1958. Hospital services include comprehensive cardiac care, women’s services, neurosciences, cancer services, orthopedics, emergency services and an advanced imaging center. Texas Health Arlington Memorial has over 1,600 employees, 250 volunteers and 630 physicians on its medical staff. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence. For more information, visit TexasHealth.org/Arlington.
Medical Surgical Nurse Nursing Orthopedic “RN”, “Registered Nurse”, M/S, “Medical Surgical”, “Medical and Surgical” Nursing, “Medical Surgical Nurse”, “Medical Unit”, “Short Stay”, “Rehab”, “Post Surgical” “Sigma Theta Tau”, “BSN”, “Associate Nurse” “Diploma Nurse” “BSN” “Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing” “**Nur” “, “nurse clinician”, “clinical nurse”, “ Neuro Telemetry”, “M/Stele”
“Telemetry”, “Cardiac Telemetry”, “Tele” “Surgical Telemetry”, “Trauma Nurse”, “Med Surg”, M/S, “Med/Surg”, “Onc, “Oncology clinic”, “cancer center”, “Short Stay” “Neuro RN” “Ortho RN” “AMSN”, “MedSurg” “Baylor” “HCA” , “Wound care”, “Ostomy”, “enterostomal”
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.