Texas Health Resources RN/Registered Nurse – Oncology – Full Time Nights in Arlington, Texas
Texas Health Arlington Memorial seeks to hire a Registered Nurse to work Full Time in the Oncology Department.
The address is 1800 West Randol Mill Rd. Arlington, TX 76012
Salary range is Min. $26.50/hr. to Max. $50.40/hr. – based on relevant experience
Shift is 7:00 pm-7:00 am, full-time, (3)12 hour shifts, weekends and holidays required
Texas Health Arlington Memorial, is in search of a Registered Nurse for the Oncology unit. Texas Health Arlington Memorial is ranked among the best hospitals in Dallas-Fort Worth by U.S. News & World Report. It is also designated as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, an honor that recognizes hospitals for excellence in nursing, and was the first facility in Arlington to earn the designation. Our 20 bed Oncology unit is a cohesive team environment that improves the quality of care for patients with the following diagnosis: Leukemia, Sepsis, pain management, lymphoma, melanoma, breast, colon, prostate, lung, cell, ovarian, bronchial, kidney/pancreatic cancer and some med/surg overflow. We also have a 6 bed Hospice unit that provides end of life and comfort care. The essential job duties of this position are:
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
• assesses the patient
• plans the care of the patient
• intervenes as appropriate
• evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
• Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
• Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
• Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
•Associate's Degree Nursing Required, BSN Preferred. RNs hired after January 2017 require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date. RNs hired between January 2014 and December 2016 require completion of BSN within 3 years of start date.
•Current Registered Nurse license to practice in Texas or Compact State upon hire.
•One year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program.
•BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support upon Hire required.
•CPI – (Crisis Prevention Intervention) Training within 60 Days required.
•ONS - Chemotherapy/Biotherapy Certificate within 12 Months required.
•OCN - Oncology Certified Nurse preferred.
Strong Preference for experienced, technical, RN’s with the following
• Infusion treatment
• Chemotherapy administration
• Oncology clinic
• Experienced RN from Acute care hospital setting.
• Good computer skills using a medical management application.
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
• Serve as a role model, be an intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and a coordinator for quality patient care.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment is required.
Why Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.