Texas Health Resources RN/Registered Nurse - Ortho/Neuro - Full Time Days in Arlington, Texas
Texas Health Arlington seeks to hire a Registered Nurse to work Full Time in the Med/surg Ortho Neuro Department.
The address is 800 West Randol Mill Rd. Arlington, TX
Salary range is Min. $26.50/hr. to Max. $50.82/hr. – based on relevant experience
Shift is 7:00 am-7:00 pm, full-time, (3)12 hour shifts, rotating weekends and holidays required
The Registered Nurse for the Ortho/Neuro unit will improve the quality of care for the medical orthopedic and neurology patient. Patients are admitted to this 20 bed unit for diagnosis such as Fragility fractures, fractured hips, femur’s, total hips, knees and shoulders, sports medicine/injuries – lower extremities, ankle repair, knees, neuro elective post op spinal surgeries with occasional medical overflow.
The essential job duties of this position are:
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
• assesses the patient
• plans the care of the patient
• intervenes as appropriate
• evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
• Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
• Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
• Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Associate's Degree Nursing Required. RNs hired after January 2017 require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date. RNs hired between January 2014 and December 2016 require completion of BSN within 3 years of start date.
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
• BSN preferred
• BCLS (AHA) upon hire - expiration date greater than 3 months preferred
• CPI training within 60 days of hire
• One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program.
• 2+ years of RN experience in Acute Care or Rehab setting preferred.
• Ortho/Neuro experience preferred.
• Med/surg Certification preferred.
• Good computer skills using a medical management application.
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
• Serve as a role model, be an intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and a coordinator for quality patient care.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment is required.
Why Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2020 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (6 th year in a row)
• 2019 Beckers Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (5 th year in a row)
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.