Texas Health Resources SECURITY OFFICER PART TIME in Arlington, Texas
Texas Health Resources seeks to hire a Security Officer to work Part Time.
The address is 612 East Lamar, Arlington, TX 76011
Salary range is Min. $14.94/hr to Max. $26.62/hr – based on relevant experience
• Saturday and Sunday 6:30AM-6:30PM
Performs officer duties to include, but not limited to:
• Patrols buildings and ground for unlocked secured areas for after hour entry.
• Locks and opens doors according to schedules.
• Provides individual and group escorts to and from parking areas
• Identifies and removes unauthorized individuals from property
• Enforces campus parking policies/cite violations
• Maintains compliance with Security policies
• Pursues and detains persons involved in criminal activity
• Fills out incident/offense report forms and composes narratives.
• Gives directions to areas of facility
• Interacts with police, fire personnel, patients, visitors and staff.
• Provides vehicle assistance
• Patrols interior/perimeter of campus and parking
Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences and surveillance activities. Reports and escalates situations to the Threat Management team as appropriate.
Provides quality customer service to Texas Health employees, visitors, and guest.
• Greets people with courtesy and respect using the 10/5 rule
• Provides directions and assistance employees, visitors and guests
• Provide general information regarding Texas Health campuses
• Provides transport/and escorts to and from campus parking lots
Responds timely to calls for service and emergency situations.
• Assesses the situation and utilizes appropriate de-escalation measures
• Utilizes critical thinking skills and provides the appropriate level of force for the situation
• Responds to and activates the appropriate emergency response code
• Interacts with and provides assistance to Police, Fire, EMS and other emergency staff as required
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
• Associate’s Degree in Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement, Security, or closely related field is preferred
• 2 years of security or law enforcement experience is preferred
• 2 years of healthcare or education experience is preferred
Ability to make independent decisions with tact and mature/positive attitude.
Ability to assume responsibilities.
Ability to be cooperative, discreet and courteous within scope of assigned authority.
Must possess the ability to physically defend and/or restrain people.
Must successfully complete a psychological evaluation.
Why Texas Health Resources? Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.