Texas Health Resources Security Officer in Arlington, Texas
Texas Health Resources seeks to hire a Security Officer to work Full Time.
The address is 612 E. Lamar Blvd., Arlington, TX 76011
Salary range is Min. $14.94/hr to Max. $26.62/hr – based on relevant experience
• Monday - Friday from 10:45pm to 7:45am
• Performs officer duties to include, but not limited to:
Patrols buildings and ground for unlocked secured areas for after hour entry.
Locks and opens doors according to schedules.
Provides individual and group escorts to and from parking areas
Identifies and removes unauthorized individuals from property
Enforces campus parking policies/cite violations
Maintains compliance with Security policies
Pursues and detains persons involved in criminal activity
Fills out incident/offense report forms and composes narratives.
Gives directions to areas of facility
Interacts with police, fire personnel, patients, visitors and staff.
Provides vehicle assistance
Patrols interior/perimeter of campus and parking
• Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences and surveillance activities. Reports and escalates
situations to the Threat Management team as appropriate.
• Provides quality customer service to Texas Health employees, visitors, and guest.
Greets people with courtesy and respect using the 10/5 rule
Provides directions and assistance employees, visitors and guests
Provide general information regarding Texas Health campuses
Provides transport/and escorts to and from campus parking lots
• Responds timely to calls for service and emergency situations.
Assesses the situation and utilizes appropriate de-escalation measures
Utilizes critical thinking skills and provides the appropriate level of force for the situation
Responds to and activates the appropriate emergency response code
Interacts with and provides assistance to Police, Fire, EMS and other emergency staff as required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
• Associate’s Degree in Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement, Security or closely related field is preferred
• 2 years of security or law enforcement experience is preferred
• 2 years of healthcare or education experience is preferred
• Class C Drivers License and insurable is required upon hire
• Commissioned Security Officer – Texas Level 3 – is required within 30 days of hire
• Certified Healthcare Security Officer is required within 12 months of hire
• CPI training is required upon hire and ACPI training is required within 6 months of hire or
• CPI training is required within 30 days of hire and ACPI training is required within 12 months of hire
• Ability to make independent decisions with tact and mature/positive attitude. ability to assume responsibilities.
• Ability to be cooperative, discreet and courteous within scope of assigned authority.
• Must possess the ability to physically defend and/or restrain people.
• Must successfully complete a psychological evaluation.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.