Texas Health Resources Sexual Assault RN/Registered Nurse Clinician in Arlington, Texas
Sexual Assault (SANE) RN/Registered Nurse Clinician II
We've got a job to do and we’re looking for a qualified Sexual Assault (SANE) Registered Nurse Clinician like you to join our Texas Health family.
Come join a dynamic team of individuals helping others fulfill and overcome.
We don’t just take care of our patients, we take care of our team, too.
Work location: 612 East Lamar Blvd., Arlington, TX 76011 but traveling amongst different entities within the metroplex 75% of the time.
Work environment: Sexual Assault Program (SANE)
Work hours: Full-time, 36 hours weekly, working (3) 12 hour shifts from 7p-7a plus another 12 hour on call shift.
Salary range: $27.50-$48.08 based o relevant experience
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Associate's Degree in nursing required
Bachelor's Degree in nursing preferred
Two (2) years as a clinical nurse required
Licenses and Certifications
RN - Registered Nurse upon hire required and
SANE - Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (Texas Office of the Attorney General CA-SANE or International Association of Forensic Nurses (IAFN) SANE-A) upon hire required and
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support (prior to providing independent patient care and maintained quarterly) required and
TNCC - Trauma Nursing Core Course upon hire preferred
• Competent sexual assault nurse examiner (SANE) skills to ensure continued SANE certification.
• A high degree of confidentiality, good customer service skills, excellent communication skills, self-directed and ability to function at a high level of autonomy and accountability.
• Provide timely, non-judgmental, compassionate care to patients with a complaint of sexual assault by utilizing the nursing process to identify and prioritize needs
• Assess patient’s psychological and social needs and makes appropriate referrals
• Collaborates closely with rape crisis center hospital accompaniment advocate to assure patient’s needs are met
• Demonstrate ability to identify needs of patients that would require physician intervention in a timely manner
• Perform a complete sexual assault medical forensic examination including obtaining a medical history for the purpose of treatment, detailed head-to-toe assessment for trauma to include all body orifices and forensic specimen collection as indicated by history or examination findings; documentation to possibly include photography
• Maintain chain of custody for each exam and adhere to evidence protocols
• Administer all medications incuding appropriate prophylactic medications per program protocol
• Maintain equipment in proper working condition and exercise fiscal responsibility of unit’s resources
• Maintain expertise and current knowledge in performing sexual assault exams, forensic gynecology and science, trauma and related issues, legal case law and statues, evidence collection procedures and emerging trends.
• Maintain working knowledge of law enforcement and medical investigative responsibilities.
• Represent the medical forensic sexual assault exam during courtroom testimony.
Why Texas Health
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make it a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
• 2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
• Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
• “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
• A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits, Job Listings by Category, recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns?
Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.