Texas Health Resources Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) PRN in Arlington, Texas
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Arlington Memorial seeks to hire a SLP to work PRN in our Outpatient Rehab Department.
The address is 800 W. Randol Mill Road, Arlington, TX 76012.
Salary range is Min. $32.15/hr to Max. $49.24/hr – based on relevant experience
• Various Rotating Shifts
• Performs age appropriate patient assessment and establishes plan of care
• Obtains/verifies physician order for therapy and validates for appropriateness
• Reviews available medical records and obtains pertinent medical history from patient or family
• Ensures that patient has given informed consent to treatment
• Evaluates each patient using age and diagnosis appropriate assessment tests and measurements, including appropriate outcome assessment tool(s)
• Integrates assessment results to identify functional problems and prioritizes care needs with patient and family
• Initiates therapy discharge planning in collaboration with care team and patient based on prognosis and expected discharge disposition
• Demonstrates competence in the performance of age appropriate patient assessment and individualizes care based on age specific needs.
• Uses therapeutic treatment techniques appropriate to patient age and desire for treatment
• Performs treatment procedures that are within the scope of the professional license
• Performs/delegates technical procedures appropriately and safely utilizes a variety of treatment techniques to achieve goals, if necessary
• Determines patient response to treatment and evaluates progress (reassessment)
• Educates patient and family through instruction, demonstration, and/or appropriate handouts in treatment plan, safety issues, home programs/self management and assistive equipment
• Maintains patient safety throughout treatment
• Communicates with physicians and other healthcare personnel as appropriate regarding patient care issues
• Demonstrates competence in the performance of age appropriate patient treatment and individualizes care based on age specific needs
• Motivates non-compliant or unmotivated patients to participate in therapy
• Utilizes available resources (equipment, support personnel, educational resources) to maximize efficiency and productivity and to meet personal developmental needs
• Responsible for care provided under their direction, including that provided by licensed assistants and therapy technicians
• Attends and/or leads hospital, department, and community meetings / educational in-services
• Participates in orientation and training of less experienced staff, students, volunteers and observers
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Master's Degree Speech Language Pathology Required
• SLP - Speech Language Pathology Texas Speech Language Pathology License Upon Hire Preferred Or
• SLP-I - Speech Language Pathology Intern Texas Speech Language Pathology Intern License Upon Hire And
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support 60 Days Required
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English
• Problem solving ability
• Ability to teach others
• Time management skills
• Good interpersonal and customer service skills
• Basic leadership skills
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital, a 369-bed acute-care, full-service medical center has been serving Arlington and the surrounding communities since 1958. Hospital services include comprehensive cardiac care, women’s services, neurosciences, cancer services, orthopedics, emergency services and an advanced imaging center. Texas Health Arlington Memorial has over 1,600 employees, 250 volunteers and 630 physicians on its medical staff. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence. For more information, visit TexasHealth.org/Arlington.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.