Texas Health Resources Surgical Associate in Arlington, Texas
Texas Health Arlington Memorial seeks to hire a Surgical Associate for Full Time employment.
The address is 800 West Randol Mill Rd, Arlington, TX 76012.
Salary: Min $11.00 – Max $16.35, based on relevant work experience.
Full Time: 40 hours per week
Day Shift: 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Position requires a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Completes routine stocking chores:
• Restocks warmer with blankets and saline
• Changes sharps containers
• Stocks linen, and bags for trash and linen, as well as red bags
• Stocks Expose II
• Ensures two armboards and safety strap available for case
• Stocks and replaces suction liners
• Stocks sterile towels in cores
• Stocks masks and OR room gels and sanitizers
• Empties soiled linen carts to linen chute
• Assists in moving patients to and from the operating room suites.
• Follows patient identification requirements.
• Maintains patient dignity and confidentiality.
• Communicates appropriately with patients and families.
• Observes safety procedures in moving patients.
• Helps with patient positioning
• Demonstrates basic understanding of asepsis
• Decontaminates beds and stretchers between uses
• Makes up beds and stretchers
• Assists in room cleanup before and/or after surgery.
• Disposes of hazardous waste appropriately.
• Uses personal protective gear as required.
• Follows procedure for cleaning of operating rooms and equipment.
• Transports instruments to decontamination areas according to procedure.
• Puts equipment and supplies away in appropriate place.
• Restocks items
• Other duties as assigned
• Follows directions of circulating nurse in obtaining equipment, instruments and supplies as requested.
• Answers call from Surgery Control Desk without delay
• Acts as team member
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
• previous patient care experience preferred OR previous housekeeping or EVS experience highly preferred
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital, a 369-bed acute-care, full-service medical center has been serving Arlington and the surrounding communities since 1958. Hospital services include comprehensive cardiac care, women’s services, neurosciences, cancer services, orthopedics, emergency services and an advanced imaging center. Texas Health Arlington Memorial has over 1,600 employees, 250 volunteers and 630 physicians on its medical staff. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence. For more information, visit TexasHealth.org/Arlington.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.