Texas Health Resources Telemetry Monitor Tech - Full-time; 6:45pm to 7:15am - HH ICU CV - Arlington Memorial in Arlington, Texas
Texas Health Arlington Memorial seeks to hire a Tele/Monitor Tech for full time employment in HH ICU CV.
The address is 800 West Randol Mill Rd, Arlington, TX 76012.
Salary: min $14.41 – Max $21.26, based on relevant work experience.
Full Time: 36 hours per week
Night Shift: 6:45 PM - 7:15 AM (three shifts a week)
Some weekend and holiday requirements
Position requires a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Demonstrates competency in the set up and use of the telemetry monitoring equipment.
• Collects, reports and documents patient information (rhythms/rate) timely and accurately.
• Seeks assistance, supervision or consultation when unsure of rhythm(s) identification.
• Distinguishes and reports abnormalities and initiates action to provide continuity of care.
• Admission/dismissals are processed promptly; Preparations are made to get the monitor ready for admission.
• Notifies RN promptly of any changes in monitor
• Communicates promptly of perceived risks specific to patient safety or immediate need for assistance.
• Safety checklist/quality controls completed as required
• Assures that alarms are activated with appropriate settings and are sufficiently audible
• Monitors are cleaned after each use
• Assists with documentation that supports and meets hospital and regulatory requirements
• Complies with personnel policies i.e. Attendance, ID badge, Dress Code, et. al.
• Take steps to learn and develop own performance
• Communicates per department expectations
• Uses Clinical Practice Model philosophy to work in partnership with patients, families, physicians, peers, and all other disciplines
• Actively participates in informal training, development and evaluation of team members
• Acceptable use of interpersonal relationship skills with patients, families, co- workers, physicians, all disciplines, and other customers
• Works assigned schedule and adjusts to help meet departmental and patient needs
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
• 1 Year direct patient care experience involving telemetry monitoring OR
completion of educational program which includes telemetry monitoring
• Completion of Telemetry/EKG test within 30 Days
• Basic Understanding/ability to learn medical terminology
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital, a 369-bed acute-care, full-service medical center has been serving Arlington and the surrounding communities since 1958. Hospital services include comprehensive cardiac care, women’s services, neurosciences, cancer services, orthopedics, emergency services and an advanced imaging center. Texas Health Arlington Memorial has over 1,600 employees, 250 volunteers and 630 physicians on its medical staff. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence. For more information, visit TexasHealth.org/Arlington.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2020 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (#1)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A 2020 “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2020 "Top 100 Places to Work" by the Dallas Morning News
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women™ 2020
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.