Texas Health Resources Certified Surgical Technologist - FT Rotating Days in Azle, Texas
Texas Health Azle is seeking to hire a Certified Surgical Tech in the Surgery Department.
The address is 108 Denver Trail, Azle, TX 76020.
Salary: Min $20.51 – Max $35.43, based on relevant work experience.
• Full Time: 40 hours per week, Variable Shifts.
Call required to include some weekends and holidays, response time - 30 minutes.
With two surgical suites and one endoscopy suite, Texas Health Azle is equipped to handle a wide range of inpatient and outpatient surgical services. Physicians on the medical staff use advanced surgical techniques including laparoscopic technology. Services offered include: General surgery, Endoscopy, Orthopedics, and Podiatry services. The essential duties of this position are:
• Assists in providing peri-operative care for a patient population that includes Infants, Pediatrics, Adults, and Geriatrics.
• Preoperatively assists R.N. circulator in formulating plan of care.
• Assists as needed in coordinating patient care peri-operatively and assumes responsibility and accountability for behavior in order to maintain standards for professional nursing practice.
• Post-operatively follows proper procedures for care of instruments, supplies and equipment. Under supervision, assists RN circulator with post-operative duties.
• Assists in the delivering of nursing care in a manner that minimizes the risk of transfer of infection and accidental contamination.
• Assists in delivering care in a manner which protects the patient from injury.
• Care is provided with an emphasis on continually improving quality, service and cost effectiveness.
• Demonstrates competence in assisting with the performance of age appropriate patient care that is specific to the unique physiological and anatomic aspects of life from the very young to the older
• Position requires a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Performing Sterile Processing duties.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent and was employed to practice surgical technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009 OR Graduate of an accredited surgery technology program, Vocational Nurse Program or graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology
• At least 1 year current operating room experience preferred
• Previous general, podiatry, orthopedic experience highly preferred
• CST - Certified Surgical Technologist graduate of an accredited surgical tech program OR employed to practice surgical technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009 OR CST - Certified Surgical Technologies graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology within 2 Years OR LVN - Licensed Vocational Nurse Upon Hire
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Azle is a community-based hospital serving the suburban areas of Azle, Lake Worth, Springtown and the surrounding areas. Located about 20 miles northwest of downtown Fort Worth, Texas Health Azle provides numerous services, including emergency medicine, surgical care, pain management, radiology, rehabilitation services and an adult intensive care unit. Texas Health Azle is a Level IV trauma center, accredited in Chest Pain Management with distinction by the Joint Commission, and a 2013 National 100 Top Hospital by Truven Health Analytics, which makes our facility intensely qualified to serve our community and your professional aspirations.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.