Texas Health Resources Chaplain PRN - 5:00pm-8:00am in Azle, Texas
Texas Health Resources seeks to hire a Chaplain to join the Pastoral Care Team at Texas Health Azle.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Azle is located at 108 Denver Trail, Azle, TX 76020.
Salary rate is $22.37/hour – PRN Rate
• PRN - As needed. Primary hours; Monday–Friday 5:00pm-8:00am and all-day Saturday and Sunday required. Must be able to be on-call nights and weekends around 80 hours per month required. Call response time is 30 minutes.
As a Chaplain PRN, this position provides spiritual support to patients, families, and staff, primarily evenings, nights, weekends, and as needed, in order to make available spiritual care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in THR wholly-owned
The essential job duties of this position are:
• Provide pastoral and spiritual care to patients, employees, families, and volunteers in keeping with departmental standards
• Professionally assesses and documents patient spiritual needs and resources to inform the interdisciplinary care team’s plan of care for patient.
• Arrange for local clergy to visit with patients when patient or family requests visit. Participate in the Attending Clergy Association when available.
• Respond to required and mandatory completion of THR modules to address safety and quality as a major responsibility of THR.
• Maintain an active relationship with one’s own denomination.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• Master of Divinity, Theology, or related degree from an accredited theological school preferred.
• One unit of CPE required.
• Two years’ experience in pastoral care or congregational setting preferred.
• Graduate level ability in spoken and written English. Ability to communicate in another language highly desirable.
• Gifted to work with and relate with people of diverse backgrounds and religious traditions.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in working as a collegial member of the healing team, including nurses and physicians, and community religious leaders.
• Demonstrated ability to integrate theological/ethical/relational issues in the delivery of pastoral and spiritual care.
• Demonstrated ability to make and document professional spiritual assessments in patients’ medical records to contribute to interdisciplinary team care planning.
• Demonstrated ability to offer religious/spiritual rites as needed in hospital context for patients, families, and staff.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights:
• 2020 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020 (#15) (6 th year in a row)
• 2020 Fortune's list of Best Workplaces in Health Care (#1)
• Best Workplaces for Millennials for 2019 by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• Platinum-level recognition in the 2019 “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles®” awards, sponsored by the National Business Group on Health
• 2019 "Best Workplaces for Women" by Great Place to Work®
• 2019 Gold Level Workplace Health Achievement Award by the American Heart Association
• 2019 HealthCare's Most Wired by CHIME and Modern Healthcare
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.