Texas Health Resources Patient Care Technician (PCT)-Part Time-Night Shift-Med/Surg-THAZ in Azle, Texas
Texas Health Azle seeks to hire a Patient Care Technician to work part-time (24 hours) in Medical/Surgical.
The address is 108 Denver Trail, Azle, TX 76020
Salary range is Min. $13.19/hr to Max. $19.83/hr – based on relevant experience as listed on your resume.
Night shift (7p to 7a); part-time (24 hours)
CARE OF PATIENT/TECHNICAL SKILLS:
• Provides assistance to patient according to plan of care.
• Collects patient data, identifies and reports significant findings to nurse.
• Assists in admission/transfer/discharge.
• Provides and Revises patient activities of daily living based on patient/family preferences.
• Performs technical procedures safely and proficiently.
• Takes action to reduce or eliminate patient risk.
• Enters orders into computer or manual system if applicable.
• Documents accurately and appropriately.
• In collaboration/consultation with the nurse, adapts care to reflect patient population.
• In collaboration/consultation with nurse, incorporates cultural/religious needs and beliefs into delivery of care.
• Keeps patient environment clean and maintains safe environment.
• Anticipates patient/family and visitor needs and takes action to meet those needs and rounds as appropriate
• Uses CPM philosophy to work in partnership with patients, families, physicians, peers and all other disciplines.
• Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility to changes in schedule and/or workload assignment necessary to meet changing needs of the individual patient or unit.
• Makes new team members feel welcome and offers assistance with orientation of new employees.
• Acceptable use of interpersonal relationship skills and communication with patients, families, co-workers, physicians, all disciplines and other customers.
• Organizes workload and effectively collaborates with nursing to prioritize care.
• Maintains and enhances patient care skills.
• Seeks assistance and supervision when performing unfamiliar tasks.
• Serves as a patient advocate.
• Complies with personnel policies.
• Communicates per department expectations.
• Recognizes and promptly communicates ethical and legal concerns through established channels of communication.
QUALITY AND SAFETY:
• Assists in the identification of ineffective and costly processes and takes action to improve them.
• Participates in the process improvement activities within the department/hospital.
• Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent required
No experience required
Licenses and Certifications
CNA - Certified Nurses Aide upon hire required or
PCT Training Program (THFW or TC4L) upon hire required or
EMT - Emergency Medical Technician (Emergency Department ONLY) upon hire required or
Nursing student who has completed fundamentals or
Military experience with medical training equivalent upon hire required and
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support upon hire required
CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training within sixty (60) days required
• Possesses organizational skills to function in a fast-paced work environment, positive interpersonal skills, and good verbal and written communication skills.
• Nursing Students who do not complete course of study in nursing but having completed their Fundamentals Training and EMTs who do not retain formally retain their EMT status may continue in role if they have consistently demonstrated skills in their PCT position.
• After hire PCT CNA renewal is not a requirement of the role if the PCT has consistently demonstrated skills in their PCT position.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Azle is a community-based hospital serving the suburban areas of Azle, Lake Worth, Springtown and the surrounding areas. Located about 20 miles northwest of downtown Fort Worth, Texas Health Azle provides numerous services, including emergency medicine, surgical care, cardiology, wound care, pain management, radiology, rehabilitation services and an adult intensive care unit. Texas Health Azle is a Level IV trauma center, accredited in Chest Pain Management with distinction by the Joint Commission, and a 2013 National 100 Top Hospital by Truven Health Analytics, which makes our facility intensely qualified to serve our community and your professional aspirations.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5th year in a row)
• 2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (5th year in a row)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor (2018 and 2019)
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.