Texas Health Resources Cardiovascular Special Procedures Technologist in Bedford, Texas
Texas Health HEB seeks to hire a Cardiovascular Special Procedures Tech to work Full Time.
The address is 1600 Hospital Parkway, Bedford, Texas 76022
Salary range is Min. $28.43/hr to Max. $45.49/hr – based on relevant experience
Full Time; 4-10 hour shifts with rotating weekends and call required
• Assesses and recognizes the patients emotional, physical, developmental, cognitive and psychosocial conditions.
• Prepares room for examination (i.e. suction, oxygen, supplies)
• Obtains patient history
• Handles patients with IVs, oxygen, chest tubes or other devices, and monitor patient during imaging
• Demonstrates knowledge of emergency drugs and equipment
• Administers contrast media and other medications in accordance with medication administration guidelines
• Processes patient information, displays proper phone etiquette and transports patients as needed
• Explains procedures to patient or guardian / family member if applicable prior to exam
• Performs complex procedures including age related criteria and developmental considerations
• Assists radiologist with complex and invasive procedures using aseptic technique
• Processes and manipulates images, analyzes image quality, troubleshoots, makes technique adjustments or repeat procedures as needed 8. Utilizes proper downtime procedures for PACS and HIS / RIS
• Maintains equipment and room to sanitary standards
• Demonstrates the knowledge and understanding of quality control and regulatory standards
• Maintains and enhances technical skills and technology advancement
• Attends departmental continuing education, meetings, and checks email
• Performs any assignment deemed necessary by supervisor
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Associate's Degree Applied Science required OR other completion of accredited program in radiologic or cardiovascular technology required OR Highschool Diploma or equivalent and 2 years work experience in invasive cardiology required
• 1 year of experience is preferred
• ARRT - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Upon Hire Req And
• CMRT - Certified Medical Radiologic Technologist Upon Hire Req Or
• RCIS- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist Upon Hire required Or
RCES- Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist upon hire and BCLS and ACLS
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford is a 296-bed, acute-care facility serving Northeast Tarrant County since 1973. With more than 550 physicians on its medical staff, hospital services include outpatient surgery, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a dedicated oncology unit and cardiac rehabilitation. Texas Health HEB recently received a dual accreditation as a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a designated "Baby Friendly" facility by WHO and UNICEF. Our location brings the best of suburban living, offering you the benefits of convenience and solid career opportunities.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.