Texas Health Resources Case Manager Registered Nurse PRN in Bedford, Texas
Texas Health Euless Bedford seeks to hire a Care Transition Manager Registered Nurse to work PRN (As Needed).
The address is 1600 Hospital Parkway; Bedford TX 76022
Salary range is Min. $35.48/hr. to Max. $49.18/hr. – based on relevant experience
• Shift is 8AM-5:00PM (Mon-Fri), PRN (As Needed), with flexibility to work weekends and holidays as required.
The essential job duties of this position are:
• Actively participates in Daily Patient Care Briefings and identifies patients appropriate for transition needs intervention.
• Reviews Texas Health Readmission Indicator List (THRIL) scores daily for all assigned patients. Collaborates with
interdisciplinary team to identify high risk patients whose RRP score may not have indicated appropriately.
• Ensures all assigned patients have an identified Primary Care Physician (PCP). If PCP not identified, exhaust all efforts in an
attempt to assign.
• Completes Transition Evaluation on all identified patients within 24 hours of referral; documents appropriately.
• Interviews/Assesses patients / caregivers as part of transition evaluation and as needed.
• Identifies transition needs (including medications), develops transition plan within 24 hours of referral, and discusses funding
of post transition care with patients / caregivers; documents appropriately.
• Validates transition plan with Interdisciplinary Team (Physician, Clinical Nurse Leader, Nursing, etc.).
• Ensures transition plan and post acute management plan consistency across care settings.
• Complies with all documentation requirements. Documents all activities in electronic health record.
• Adheres to compliance requirements: Code 44 intervention, HINN letters, Second IMM, Observation letter, etc.
• Has working knowledge of Advanced Directives, Living Will, Medical Power of Attorney, Mental Health Treatment Declaration,
• Out-of Hospital Do Not Resuscitate
• Order and Advanced Illness Planning
• Participates in Joint Commission readiness activities
Serves as a content expert on the following:
• Compliance with program expectations.
• Mitigation activities with all clinical partners / payors as needed.
• Compliance requirements: Code 44 intervention, HINN letters, Second IMM, Observation letter, etc.
• Potential denials, avoidable days, alternate level of care days, etc.
• Medical necessity criteria, patient status, and discharge criteria.
• All clinical documentation
• Clinical Review staff requirements and communications
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Current RN licensure upon hire Required
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required
• Minimum 3 years clinical experience as staff nurse at an acute care hospital (required)
• Minimum 2 years acute care hospital discharge planning/care management (preferred)
• CPR - Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Upon Hire Required And
• ACM - Accredited Case Manager (upon hire preferred) Or
• CCM - Certified Case Manager (upon hire preferred)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Office (Word, Excel)
• Competency in medical necessity criteria preferred
• Customer service skills
• Ability to engage in complex clinical decision-making
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong commitment to interdisciplinary collaboration and communication
• Strong skills in the preparation of clinically pertinent medical record documentation
• Critical thinking and analysis skills and conflict resolution skills
• Position requires flexible scheduling, including weekend and evening shift work as necessary
• Psychosocial and crisis intervention skills
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Preferred experience with electronic health record and automated case management systems.
• Individual must be self-directed and goal/outcomes/measurement driven
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford is a 296-bed, acute-care facility serving Northeast Tarrant County since 1973. With more than 550 physicians on its medical staff, hospital services include outpatient surgery, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a dedicated oncology unit and cardiac rehabilitation. Texas Health HEB recently received a dual accreditation as a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a designated "Baby Friendly" facility by WHO and UNICEF. Our location brings the best of suburban living, offering you the benefits of convenience and solid career opportunities.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.