Texas Health Resources Certified Surgical Tech (CST) - Monday-Friday - 1:00pm-9:30pm - Ortho/Neuro Team in Bedford, Texas
Texas Health Hurst-Euless-Bedford seeks to hire a Certified Surgical Tech to join the Surgery Team.
The address is 1600 Hospital Parkway, Bedford, TX 76022.
Salary: Min $21.55 – Max $36.71, based on relevant work experience.
• Full Time: 40 hours per week, 1:00pm-9:00pm.
Call required weekdays, weekends, and holidays; Response time - 30 minutes
At Texas Health HEB the Surgery Department is comprised of 8 surgery suites with a hybrid IR suite also available. The service lines consist of General, Ortho, GYN, Plastics, Urology, Neuro, Vascular, and Cardiovascular. The da Vinci Si and Xi robot platforms are available for GYN, General, and Thoracic surgical cases. The operating room is undergoing a facelift remodeling project that will include incorporating Stryker lights, booms, and video integration. Once this project is completed in 2020 this will make Texas Health HEB OR a state-of-the-art operating room facility.
The essential job duties of this position are:
• Assists in providing Peri-operative care for a patient population that includes Infants, Pediatrics, Adults, and Geriatrics.
• Preoperatively assists R.N. circulator in formulating plan of care.
• Assists as needed in coordinating patient care Peri-operatively and assumes responsibility and accountability for behavior to maintain standards for professional nursing practice.
• Post-operatively follows proper procedures for care of instruments, supplies and equipment. Under supervision, assists RN circulator with post-operative duties.
• Assists in the delivering of nursing care in a manner that minimizes the risk of transfer of infection and accidental contamination.
• Assists in delivering care in a manner which protects the patient from injury.
• Care is provided with an emphasis on continually improving quality, service and cost effectiveness.
• Demonstrates competence in assisting with the performance of age appropriate patient care that is specific to the unique physiological and anatomic aspects of life from the very young to the older.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent and was employed to practice surgical technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009 OR Graduate of an accredited surgery technology program, Vocational Nurse Program or graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology upon hire.
• At least 1 year of current Neuro and/or Ortho Surgical Tech experience preferred.
• Multispecialty or Ortho experience highly preferred.
• CST - Certified Surgical Technologist graduate of an accredited surgical tech program OR employed to practice surgical technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009 OR CST - Certified Surgical Technologies graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology within 2 Years OR LVN - Licensed Vocational Nurse upon hire.
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support.
• Possesses organizational skills to function in a fast-paced environment, positive interpersonal skills, good verbal and written communication skills, able to perform basic computer skills.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford is a 296-bed, acute-care facility serving Northeast Tarrant County since 1973. With more than 550 physicians on its medical staff, hospital services include outpatient surgery, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a dedicated oncology unit and cardiac rehabilitation. Texas Health HEB recently received a dual accreditation as a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a designated "Baby Friendly" facility by WHO and UNICEF. Our location brings the best of suburban living, offering you the benefits of convenience and solid career opportunities.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Gold level LearningElite award – national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.