Texas Health Resources Certified Surgical Tech ( CST ) - Operating Room in Bedford, Texas
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) – Texas Health HEB
$8,000 Sign on Bonus for Eligible New Hires*
Are you looking for a rewarding career with family-friendly hours and top-notch benefits? We’re looking for qualified Certified Surgical Techs like you to join our Texas Health family.
Work location: Texas Health Hurst-Euless-Bedford, 1600 Hospital Parkway, Bedford, TX 76022
Work environment: Main OR
Work hours: Full-Time (36/hr/wk) working Tuesday-Thursday-Friday 9:00a-9:30p
Call required; Response time is 30 minutes.
Holiday rotation required.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford (THHEB) is a 296-bed, acute-care facility serving Northeast Tarrant County since 1973. With more than 550 physicians on its medical staff, hospital services include outpatient surgery, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a dedicated oncology unit and cardiac rehabilitation. Texas Health HEB recently received a dual accreditation as a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a designated "Baby Friendly" facility by WHO and UNICEF. Our location brings the best of suburban living, offering you the benefits of convenience and solid career opportunities.
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent and was employed to practice surgical technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009 OR Graduate of an accredited surgery technology program, Vocational Nurse Program, or graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology upon hire.
• 1+ years of current Certified Surgical Tech experience preferred.
• Multispecialty experience highly preferred.
• CST - Certified Surgical Technologist graduate of an accredited surgical tech program OR employed to practice surgical technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009 OR CST - Certified Surgical Technologies graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology within 2 Years OR LVN - Licensed Vocational Nurse upon hire.
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support.
• Possesses organizational skills to function in a fast-paced environment, positive interpersonal skills, good verbal, and written communication skills, able to perform basic computer skills.
Position Responsibilities THHEB Certified Surgical Techs are responsible for assisting in 8 surgery suites and a hybrid IR suite. The service lines consist of General, Ortho, GYN, Plastics, Urology, Neuro, Vascular, and Cardiovascular. The da Vinci Si and Xi robot platforms are available for GYN, General, and Thoracic surgical cases. The operating room is undergoing a facelift remodeling project that will include incorporating Stryker lights, booms, and video integration.
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful CST will:
• Assists in providing Peri-operative care for a patient population that includes Infants, Pediatrics, Adults, and Geriatrics.
• Preoperatively assists R.N. circulator in formulating plan of care.
• Assists as needed in coordinating patient care Peri-operatively and assumes responsibility and accountability for behavior to maintain standards for professional nursing practice.
• Post-operatively follows proper procedures for care of instruments, supplies and equipment. Under supervision, assists RN circulator with post-operative duties.
• Assists in the delivering of nursing care in a manner that minimizes the risk of transfer of infection and accidental contamination.
• Assists in delivering care in a manner which protects the patient from injury.
• Care is provided with an emphasis on continually improving quality, service and cost effectiveness.
• Demonstrates competence in assisting with the performance of age appropriate patient care that is specific to the unique physiological and anatomic aspects of life from the very young to the older.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Why Texas Health As a Texas Health CST you’ll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make THHEB a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
“America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Additional perks of being a THHEB Certified Surgical Tech
Gain a sense of accomplishment by contributing in a teamwork environment
Positively impact patients’ quality of life
Receive excellent mentorship, comprehensive training and dedicated clinical leadership resources
Enjoy opportunities for growth
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.