Texas Health Resources Food Service Worker- Food Service in Bedford, Texas
Food Service Worker
Full Time- Rotating- HEB
*40 hours, 6:00am-2:30pm*
Are you looking for a rewarding career with G REAT BENEFITS in an award-winning healthcare system? We’re looking for a qualified Food Service Worker like you to join our Texas Health family.
Work location: Texas Health HEB 1600 Hospital Parkway in Bedford, TX 76022
Work Environment: Food & Nutrition Services
Work hours: Full Time (40 hours) Day shift 6:00am-2:30pm, including rotating weekends and holidays
Salary range: $15.00/hr. Min. to $18.77 per hour (based on relevant experience)
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford is a 296-bed, acute-care facility serving Northeast Tarrant County since 1973. With more than 550 physicians on its medical staff, hospital services include outpatient surgery, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a dedicated oncology unit and cardiac rehabilitation. Texas Health HEB recently received a dual accreditation as a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a designated "Baby Friendly" facility by WHO and UNICEF. Our location brings the best of suburban living, offering you the benefits of convenience and solid career opportunities
High School Diploma or Equivalent is preferred
Food Service Experience preferred but not required
FHC – Food Handlers Certificate within 30 days of hire required Position Responsibilities
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful Food Service Worker will
• Serves food on the cafeteria and patient tray lines, utilizing good customer skills when serving patrons.
• Assembles, deliver and retrieves patient trays.
• Documents food delivery times and food tallies; performs other simple record keeping, i.e. temperature checks on equipment and food.
• Reports variances from standards to supervisor.
• Performs simple food assembly such as preparing salads, portioning and garnishing foods according to instruction.
• Cleans and sanitizes equipment, wares, walls, and floors routinely.
• Washes and sanitizes dishes , pots and pans as well as all cooking utensils an cooking equipment, according to department standards and procedures.
• Labels and dates food according to HACCP standards.
• Ability to learn HACCP sanitation guidelines and follow for safe food handling.
• Knows and performs proper procedure for taking and recording temperatures of food items, both raw and cooked and refrigerated units.
• Demonstrates and performs procedures when temperatures are inadequate according to standards.
• Understands and utilizes the FIFO system of food production.
• Ability to follow/learn OSHA safety guidelines.
• Collects and delivers floor stock utilizing FIFO, delivers between meal nourishments and late trays according to departmental standards.
• Maintains assigned areas and equipment in safe, clean, neat, and orderly manner to meet/exceed both department and TDH sanitation standards in both department sanitation and personal hygiene.
• Disposes of trash and garbage according to standards and procedures.
• Follow “clean as you go” as well as proper hand hygiene.
• Performs other job duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
Why Texas Health
As a Texas Health Food Service Worker you’ll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make THR a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
“America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.