Texas Health Resources Histology Tech Lead in Bedford, Texas
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford is seeking a Histology Tech Lead for their laboratory.
• Full time; 1st Shift
• Monday – Friday; 6:00 AM – 2:30 PM
Required Minimum Education:
• High School Diploma
• Associates Degree or Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Lab Science or Chemical, Physical or Biological science preferred
Required Minimum Experience:
• 3 years’ experience in a hospital laboratory
• Prefer: 5 years' experience
• HTL(ASCP) – Histotechnologist or HT(ASCP) - Histotechnician
Skills and Ability
• Strong positive interpersonal skills
• Ability to read, write and speak English clearly
• Problem solving ability, time management skills
• Possess organizational skills to function successfully in a fast paced work environment
• Computer literate in Word, Excel or other data bases
• Administrative skills to compile statistics and maintain logs
• Ability to multitask
• Preferred: Experience with Cerner Millennium LIS
• Technical Duties
• Quality Control/Documentation
• Professional Accountability
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford is a 296-bed, acute-care facility serving Northeast Tarrant County since 1973. With more than 550 physicians on its medical staff, hospital services include outpatient surgery, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a dedicated oncology unit and cardiac rehabilitation. Texas Health HEB recently received a dual accreditation as a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a designated "Baby Friendly" facility by WHO and UNICEF. Our location brings the best of suburban living, offering you the benefits of convenience and solid career opportunities.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.