Texas Health Resources Nurse Extern-PRN-Night Shift-Med Surg/Oncology* in Bedford, Texas
Nurse Extern - Med/Surg Hospice Unit
Fast-paced Unit is looking for top skilled Nursing Student. Is that you?
Work location: Texas Health HEB, 1600 Hospital Parkway in Bedford, TX 76022
Work hours: PRN (as needed), Night Shift (7p to 7a). Weekend and holiday requirements
Self-Scheduling that helps with work/life balance as well as opportunities for educational and career growth
The professional Nursing Student exhibits understanding of basic human needs as well as demonstrates recognition and understanding of patient’s affiliations.
Fast-paced, growth opportunity.
Here’s What You Need
High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
Junior or Senior level nursing student who has completed fundamentals or foreign nurse degree program.
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support prior to providing independent patient care and maintained quarterly
What You Will Do
Provides assistance to patient according to plan of care.
• Collects patient data, identifies and reports significant findings to nurse.
• Assists in admission/transfer/discharge.
• Provides and Revises patient activities of daily living based on patient/family preferences.
• Performs technical procedures safely and proficiently.
• Takes action to reduce or eliminate patient risk.
• Enters orders into computer or manual system if applicable.
• Documents accurately and appropriately.
• In collaboration/consultation with the nurse, adapts care to reflect patient population.
• In collaboration/consultation with nurse, incorporates cultural/religious needs and beliefs into delivery of care.
• Keeps patient environment clean and maintains safe environment.
• Anticipates patient/family and visitor needs and takes action to meet those needs and rounds as appropriate
Additional perks of being a Texas Health PCT:
Benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, Paid Parental Leave, flex spending, tuition reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment Program as well as several other benefits.
Delivery of high quality of patient care through education, nursing research and innovations in nursing practice.
Strong Unit Based Council (UBC).
A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.