Texas Health Resources Nursing Supervisor, Interventional Radiology - Full Time, 40 Hours; Monday-Friday, 7:30am - 4:00pm in Bedford, Texas
Texas Health HEB seeks to hire a Nursing Supervisor to join the Interventional Radiology Team.
The address is Texas Health HEB, 1600 Hospital Parkway, Bedford, Texas, 76022
Salary: Min $38.42 – Max $58.28, based on relevant work experience.
• Full-Time, 40 Hours, Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm; On Call and Holidays Required
As a Nursing Supervisor with Texas Health HEB, this position will provide bedside leadership and clinical expertise to improve quality of patient care.
The essential duties of this position are:
• Quality/Performance Improvement: Collaborates with Leadership, UBC, and appropriate team members to establish, implement, and monitor department policies/procedures, facilitate unit goals, evaluate and individualize patient care and provide direction to staff to promote quality outcomes.
• Engages staff to promote evidence-based practices within the unit
• Monitors key performance indicators and regulatory requirements for compliance.
• Provides bedside leadership and clinical expertise to improve quality of patient care.
• Provides safe direct patient care in coordination with other staff when unit activity dictates.
• Provide guidance in emergency or complex situations.
• Use appropriate methodology consistently for communication handoffs.
• Evaluates the outcome of patient care, consults with others on the patient care team, and adjusts nursing care processes as needed to improve outcomes.
• Manages and monitors patient and staff safety initiatives and outcomes.
• Performs pro-active risk assessments to identify potential issues.
• Models the use of High Reliability Organization (HRO) tools in everyday practice and situations and encourages staff do the same.
• Assists with development and serves as a resource to others for new system and entity-based initiatives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Associate's Degree Graduate of an accredited Nursing program; Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required without a previously approved exemption.
• Bachelor's Degree Nursing Preferred
• 2 years of experience as a clinical nurse with previous experience as a charge nurse or similar leadership role (i.e. Charge nurse, committee chair, preceptor) Required
• 1 year of experience of Hospital Interventional Radiology Highly Preferred
• RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire Required
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required
• ACLS – Advance Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required
• CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training Upon Hire Required And
• High degree of confidentiality
• Interpersonal skills
• Ability to function in a fast-paced environment
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford is a 296-bed, acute-care facility serving Northeast Tarrant County since 1973. With more than 550 physicians on its medical staff, hospital services include outpatient surgery, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a dedicated oncology unit and cardiac rehabilitation. Texas Health HEB recently received a dual accreditation as a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a designated "Baby Friendly" facility by WHO and UNICEF. Our location brings the best of suburban living, offering you the benefits of convenience and solid career opportunities.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Gold level LearningElite award – national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.