Texas Health Resources Paramedic - PRN; Rotating Shifts - ER - Bedford in Bedford, Texas
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford is seeking to hire a Paramedic for PRN employment in the Emergency Department.
The address is 1600 Hospital Parkway, Bedford, TX 76022.
Salary: min $17.40 – max $26.92, based on relevant work experience.
PRN: As needed
Rotating Day and Night Shifts
Position requires a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Performs technical skills that are adapted to reflect the age-specific, developmental and diversity needs of the patient.
• Enhances patient care skills. Serves as a patient advocate. Provides for patient privacy and dignity. Communicates per department expectations. Demonstrates cooperative relationships by showing willingness to support team members. Acceptable use of interpersonal relationship skills with patients, families, co- workers, physicians, all disciplines, and other customers.
• Incorporates age specific safety/ infection control measures into patient care.
• Collects data relevant to the patients physical, psychosocial, cognitive and religious needs.
• Assists in meeting departmental/hospital KPIs related to: Patient outcomes, Customer satisfaction, Financial performance, Organizational effectiveness and Community health care
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
• 6 months recent paramedic experience preferred
• EMT-P - Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic Upon Hire AND Advanced Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire AND BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire and CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training within 60 Days Required
• Possesses organizational skills to function in a fast paced environment, positive interpersonal skills, good verbal and written communication skills, able to perform basic computer skills.
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford is a 296-bed, acute-care facility serving Northeast Tarrant County since 1973. With more than 550 physicians on its medical staff, hospital services include outpatient surgery, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a dedicated oncology unit and cardiac rehabilitation. Texas Health HEB recently received a dual accreditation as a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a designated "Baby Friendly" facility by WHO and UNICEF. Our location brings the best of suburban living, offering you the benefits of convenience and solid career opportunities.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2020 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (#1)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A 2020 “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Companies that Care list by People magazine and Great Place to Work®
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.