Texas Health Resources Patient Care Tech - Full-time; 7:00AM to 7:00PM - Oncology - Bedford in Bedford, Texas
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford seeks to hire a Patient Care Technician for full-time employment in Oncology.
The address is 1600 Hospital Parkway, Bedford, TX 76022.
Salary: min $13.28 – max $19.83, based on relevant work experience.
Full-time; 36 hours
Day Shift: 7:00am – 7:00pm
Weekend and holiday requirements.
Position requires a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Provides assistance to patient according to plan of care.
• Collects patient data, identifies and reports significant findings to nurse.
• Assists in admission/transfer/discharge.
• Provides and Revises patient activities of daily living based on patient/family preferences.
• Enters orders into computer or manual system if applicable.
• Documents accurately and appropriately.
• In collaboration/consultation with the nurse, adapts care to reflect patient population.
• In collaboration/consultation with nurse, incorporates cultural/religious needs and beliefs into delivery of care.
• Keeps patient environment clean and maintains safe environment.
• Anticipates patient/family and visitor needs and takes action to meet those needs and rounds as appropriate
• Uses Professional Practice Model philosophy to work in partnership with patients, families, physicians, peers and all other disciplines.
• Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility to changes in schedule and/or workload assignment necessary to meet changing needs of the individual patient or unit.
• Makes new team members feel welcome and offers assistance with orientation of new employees.
• Acceptable use of interpersonal relationship skills and communication with patients, families, co-workers, physicians, all disciplines and other customers.
• Organizes workload and effectively collaborates with nursing to prioritize care.
• Recognizes and promptly communicates ethical and legal concerns through established channels of communication.
• Assists in the identification of ineffective and costly processes and takes action to improve them.
• Participates in the process improvement activities within the department/hospital.
• Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
• CNA - Certified Nurses Aide OR Other Nursing student who has completed fundamentals or military experience with medical training equivalent
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support
• Possesses organizational skills to function in a fast paced work environment, positive interpersonal skills, and good verbal and written communication skills.
• Nursing Students who do not complete course of study in nursing but having completed their Fundamentals Training and EMTs who do not formally retain their EMT status may continue in role if they have consistently demonstrated skills in their PCT position.
• After hire PCT CNA renewal is not a requirement of the role if the PCT has consistently demonstrated skills in their PCT position.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford is a 296-bed, acute-care facility serving Northeast Tarrant County since 1973. With more than 550 physicians on its medical staff, hospital services include outpatient surgery, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a dedicated oncology unit and cardiac rehabilitation. Texas Health HEB recently received a dual accreditation as a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a designated "Baby Friendly" facility by WHO and UNICEF. Our location brings the best of suburban living, offering you the benefits of convenience and solid career opportunities.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2020 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (#1)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A 2020 “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2020 "Top 100 Places to Work" by the Dallas Morning News
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women™ 2020
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.